Author Topic: Red Feb: In and Out of the House  (Read 1524 times)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Red Feb: In and Out of the House
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »
I redscaled a roll of expired Lomo 800 that I had laying around and shot it with my Canon Canonet GIII QL. They all turned out, unsurprisingly, very very red.

SkullsOnTree by adoephoto, on Flickr

Rock by adoephoto, on Flickr

As you can see below, I had a bit of sprocket slippage at the beginning of the roll.

Records by adoephoto, on Flickr

This little dome used to be a tiny planetarium but hasn't been used as one in decades. I'd love to see it back in action as one but there are no plans to do so.

Planetarium by adoephoto, on Flickr

I may need to tidy up the photo closet a bit. Some day, maybe.

PhotoCloset by adoephoto, on Flickr

Hoop by adoephoto, on Flickr

An odd bit of clay work that I made years ago when I was in a pretty foul mood. And a small practice amp that keeps me in a good mood.

Finger by adoephoto, on Flickr

Drums by adoephoto, on Flickr

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Red Feb: In and Out of the House
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:06 PM »
The two indoors photos of the LPs and the photo closet look a little less red and more 'golden'. I would expect that to be because of more exposure or a different color of light. Do you think either of these is the case? I suppose it could also be correction from your scanner if it was set to auto color balance. Anyway, I like the shots. What iso were you using for the 800 and how long was it expired? Sorry for all of the tech questions. Redscale is an interesting medium because there seem to be a LOT of variables that effect the outcome.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Re: Red Feb: In and Out of the House
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 11:44:14 PM »
The two indoors photos of the LPs and the photo closet look a little less red and more 'golden'. I would expect that to be because of more exposure or a different color of light. Do you think either of these is the case? I suppose it could also be correction from your scanner if it was set to auto color balance. Anyway, I like the shots. What iso were you using for the 800 and how long was it expired? Sorry for all of the tech questions. Redscale is an interesting medium because there seem to be a LOT of variables that effect the outcome.

James, thank! The indoor shots were shot with a flash attached to the camera and that I assume could alter the tone. i was rating the ISO at 100 at first but with the flash, settings were all a bit of guesswork. For outdoors I rated at 100 at first then thought that might be too little so I rated the remainder at 50. All seemed to come out though.