Author Topic: OK I can now see why some people get worked up over Lomo's way of marketing  (Read 835 times)

Peter84

• Peel Apart
Today I got an other Lomo newsletter which headlined: Agfa CT precisa makes a comeback

Since I don't know the exact sales figures for that specific film it could be on a comeback, but what angers me is the last line of the add: limited stock only.

http://www.thelomographer.com/2014/nl_precisa_comeback_july_int/?utm_campaign=nl_precisa_comeback_july_int&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

They kinda want to make you believe they found the last dusty crate filled with this film just for you, when my usual online film supplier has a steady stock of the stuff. So I can now see why some people get worked up over Lomo's way of marketing.

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
Yeah I saw that as well and was wondering the exact same thing.

But yes, Lomography is entirely a lifestyle marketing company. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so disingenuous about their product.

Francois

• Self-Coat
I hear you on this one.

I'm still waiting for them to make a product I actually dream about... they haven't done so in a very long time.

They used to make such funky stuff. Now it's all pretty much the same.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
and then after they promote something, they just let it go by the wayside and stop talking about it.

Like the Belair camera a couple of years back.  Does anyone shoot them anymore.
They promoted it like crazy, had pre-orders, and talked it up like the new Godzilla!

They really looked appealing, but then they seemed to die away.....

:)

Francois

• Self-Coat
I think it was more of a quality issue than anything.
The viewfinder wasn't precise and the lenses couldn't fully reach infinity.

Also, the clack arms were soft...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.