Author Topic: Yamasaki Ko-ji Gallery  (Read 5343 times)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
Yamasaki Ko-ji Gallery
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:05:24 AM »
More stunning images in this new gallery too- especially the "decisive moment" shot!! Off to read the blog before going out to the darkroom!

your_waitress

Re: Yamasaki Ko-ji Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
soo great to see yamasaki's amazing work featured. his images are always haunting and sublime. i was blown away the first time i visited his site and go there often to marvel. excellent choice and work!!

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:12:07 PM »
Indeed....the shot with the umbrella thrills me...I have such a thing for umbrella's. Super fantastic work this gentleman has.
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »
I'm really glad you guys like the new gallery. I'm chuffed sick that Skorj tracked Koji-san down and got him to send us some primo content. Very exciting stuff indeed.

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 11:15:17 AM »
... tracked Koji-san down ...

Thanks Ed. He sent me a pile of photographs, and had the pleasure/pain of sifting through them to make the guest gallery of ten. A hard, but nice job I can tell you.

Even more surprising, he has been photographing since just 2003. Though not confirmed, I think he uses a GR1 as per our assumed mutual inspiration Moriyama Daido.

Glad to see too his work widely appreciated, as it strikes a particular chord with me too. Though Osaka-based, his captures emulate the slog & joy of life across Japan. More than the cliche and very real. From the rain drenched streets, to the local parks, hotel rooms, and restaurants of little back streets. Love it all. Arigato.

outofcontxt

• Peel Apart
  • More blur. Less filling.
    • Bill Vaccaro Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »
I particularly love his gritty, urban street photography. Mesmerizing photographs.
"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic hatreds."
  --- George Carlin

more crappiness at http://www.outofcontxt.com and http://billvaccaro.com