Author Topic: Weekend 18th-20th April  (Read 7060 times)

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
Weekend 18th-20th April
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »

Memorials
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
Re: Weekend 18th-20th April
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »
Great shot, Kevin. Fuji GA645 Pro, Kodak TMax 400, developed in TMax developer.

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
A couple of 3000b/Land 190 from me here, guestimating the light, shot number two is nighttime. pack 5+ years out of date.
Also learned that the 3000b don´t like to be used in high humidity, the surface of the pictures became "bubbly" and the negative pretty much ruined.

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
Wonderful start!

Some 4x5 CMS 20 developed in Adotec II. I think the developer has gone bad (lots of floating particles) and it gave a bit of an uneven effect.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »
A pair from my Konica III on Kodak Portra 160. Taken a few months back, but I sort of forgot about them, and since I haven't been shooting much these last few months, I'm dragging them out.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »
Church of San Felipe - Albuquerque, New Mexico. Nikon FE, 20mm/f2.8 AiS, Fuji Provia 100f.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:11:40 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
Looks great all, I especially like Phil's jesus tattoo.

I have a self portrait from when we were moving last week.

Untitled by nownownownow, on Flickr

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
Some new color in an expired camera.   :)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
As usual a very fine start to the weekend
Fp 3000b in a Polaroid land 320.
Night shots of the Savoy hotel taken from Waterloo bridge and St Pauls cathedral

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 01:07:42 AM »
My first instant photo since I was a little kid. A friend at work set a Polaroid 100 on my desk with a fresh pack of FP3000b and said, "Take a shot." So I did. The next day he set a Nikon S2 on my desk and said, "Shoot a roll." So I am. I like friends like this!! :)

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »
It's not always this nice.

foma400@800 Rodinal 1:25

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »
Hallway by adoephoto, on Flickr
Crown Graphic- Acros 100 - Rodinal 1:50 10 Minutes.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
Nice start! I like a lot of the B&W ones ... KevinAllan's, Flumian's, and Adam's. I have a roll of Tri-X in my Canonet, let's see if I get through it this weekend.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
Couple of fujis

Fuji instax wide 200 by calbisu, on Flickr

Fuji instax 200 by calbisu, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:14:43 PM by calbisu »

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »
More instant action....
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
somewhere in Chinatown, NY, shot on arista premium 400 with eos300 souped in Xtol

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
Such nice black and whiteness from Kevin, Adam and Dave.

I, on the other hand, have been doing colour lately. C-41 home developing the stuff too.

Portra 160 from the M645
Red door by Eirik0304, on Flickr

Tracks by Eirik0304, on Flickr

And Kodak Hawkeye from the Canon EF
Sharp turn by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »
Just got a couple rolls of color scanned.

Yashica Electro 35
Kodak Ektachrome Slide Duplicating film iso 100
Cross Processed - Unicolor C-41
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
I like Miller's boat and the colors in jharr's dup film!

Here are a couple of Tri-X shots, the first on my Canonet, the second on my SRT102

Croton Point Fence by Indofunk Satish, on Flickr

"This shop is closing next week!" by Indofunk Satish, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 01:43:00 AM »
You were in Croton!? I live about 20 minutes from there. Next time you're up this way, drop me a PM.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:45 AM »
In before midnight!

These look like they're old pictures taken from the winter, but believe or not, they were taken on Tuesday morning. It had snowed overnight and by morning, we had snow trees and some amazing morning light. I was tromping about in my robe outside with my Fuji Instax Wide. The only reason I wasn't late for work was because Passover and Spring Break meant very light rush hour traffic. And there were luckily no cops running speed that morning, either :)

Snowy morning woods by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Snowy morning portrait by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Snowy morning little garage 1 by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Forsythias by limrodrigues, on Flickr
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 04:14:06 AM »
I've got a couple more from a recently processed roll of DoubleX at 1600

50 Summicron

35mm Biogon
Untitled by nownownownow, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
What a Caddie!
You could probably park three Smarts in the same spot :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
If everyone still drove those in the city we would run out of space a lot faster!

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 07:47:50 PM »
You were in Croton!? I live about 20 minutes from there. Next time you're up this way, drop me a PM.

It was a total impulse-trip. After an early-afternoon recording session, I was having a beer with Peter (hookstrapped) and we were talking about how much we wanted to just get out of the city and he mentioned the Hudson Valley and I said YES! and took the next train up :D

Peter & I may do a trip together and if so I'll definitely let you know. Where exactly do you live?

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 09:53:55 PM »

It was a total impulse-trip. After an early-afternoon recording session, I was having a beer with Peter (hookstrapped) and we were talking about how much we wanted to just get out of the city and he mentioned the Hudson Valley and I said YES! and took the next train up :D

Peter & I may do a trip together and if so I'll definitely let you know. Where exactly do you live?

I'm in one of the more inaccessible bits of Putnam County, but I know how to get out. My recommendation is to head a little further up the Hudson Line to Cold Spring, Beacon, or Peekskill (in order of preference, not geography). Good places to eat and drink in all of them, lots of opportunities for the sorts of things that city folk seem to crave (at least judging by the number of them I see on the weekend  :P ) as well as photography. I'm out of town this weekend, and things are a little hectic until the semester ends with grading and whatnot, but once my grades are in (mid-May) I've got lots of flexibility. Depending on when, I might even be able to drag limr out from under her rock.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »

I'm in one of the more inaccessible bits of Putnam County, but I know how to get out. My recommendation is to head a little further up the Hudson Line to Cold Spring, Beacon, or Peekskill (in order of preference, not geography). Good places to eat and drink in all of them, lots of opportunities for the sorts of things that city folk seem to crave (at least judging by the number of them I see on the weekend  :P ) as well as photography. I'm out of town this weekend, and things are a little hectic until the semester ends with grading and whatnot, but once my grades are in (mid-May) I've got lots of flexibility. Depending on when, I might even be able to drag limr out from under her rock.

Sounds like a plan! Let those limeys have their fancy-schmancy Margate walkabout, we'll hit up Cold Spring! :D

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »
I am sliding some pics in late, but its Easter Monday, which sort of makes it a long weekend (even tho I worked today)  ::)

I have not posted for a few weeks, so I am hoping better late than not at all. Some spring shots with my M645 Macro...

M645 Spring-01
by mcduff!, on Flickr

M645 Spring-02
by mcduff!, on Flickr
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 02:26:17 AM »

Sounds like a plan! Let those limeys have their fancy-schmancy Margate walkabout, we'll hit up Cold Spring! :D

Yeah, a colonial walkabout! :) I like my rock, but walking, cameras, and beer will probably lure me out...
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »

Yeah, a colonial walkabout! :) I like my rock, but walking, cameras, and beer will probably lure me out...

To be honest, any one of [walking, cameras, beer] would lure me out :D

Peekskill is like a hippie town, right? Sort of a Woodstock spillover? That may be nice for color photos...

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 05:29:04 PM »
The girl was out for the evening last night so I had some time to scan

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:31:07 PM by TinTin »

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »

To be honest, any one of [walking, cameras, beer] would lure me out :D

Peekskill is like a hippie town, right? Sort of a Woodstock spillover? That may be nice for color photos...

If I had to categorize any of them as full of hippies it would be Beacon, though there are a few in Cold Spring as well.

Cold Spring is the most revitalized of them. After decades as a factory town, then as a sleepy backwater, it has been rediscovered. It manages to support a pretty good array of restaurants and antique stores, as well as a few other businesses, relying heavily on people day-tripping up, either just to the town or to hike the trails in Hudson Highlands state park.

Beacon is sort of Williamsburg north. DIA set up shop there a while back with a huge facility, and there are lots of places serving local foods and shops with "artisanal" in the name luring in the hipsters. Lately every shop seems to have a Pete Seeger poster in the window. Both ends of the main drag are like this, with about six blocks of lingering semi-urban blight in the middle.

Peekskill is trying to revitalize itself after decades dealing with the effects of misguided urban renewal efforts - it's making some progress, and there are some interesting things to see and do, but also some areas that are a bit heavier on the post-industrial malaise than others.

I've shot both color and B&W in both places. This time of year the choice is yours; in the winter, everything's gray anyway, so you might as well shoot B&W.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
I had a gig somewhere upstate a few years ago, I wish I could remember the name of the town, but it was apparently an old casino town but the casinos had closed long ago. What was left behind was some of the most abject poverty I've seen in the US. All sorts of abandoned buildings, people living in broken down/falling apart houses, cars that hadn't seen mechanics in decades, and our "luxurious accommodations" were trailer park-style motel rooms whose beds I was honestly scared of sleeping in. (The gig itself was a wedding in the next town over, which was fabulously wealthy.) Anyways, Peekskill sounds a little like that, so at the risk of shooting what Peter calls "misery porn", I might like to check it out sometime.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
Peekskill isn't that bad. It's nothing compared to what I saw driving over to Bethel (the actual site of the Woodstock festival, BTW) a few weeks ago. Lots of upstate NY is not in good shape at all.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
I know that the same can be said of the Catskills... Nothing has been renewed there for a long time.
Francois

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
I know that the same can be said of the Catskills... Nothing has been renewed there for a long time.

That's where my wedding was ... the Catskills. Still don't remember the name of the town.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
The Catskills used to be the place where the New York Jews would go on summer vacation. All the greatest comics of the time used to go do comedy runs there. Then, airfare became relatively cheap and the usual customers started taking their vacation in the south.

I saw that on PBS... there used to be fantastic hotels with great architecture that could easily hold it up to other greats like the Eden Rock and the Bellagio in Miami. But now they're either falling to pieces, abandoned or simply bulldozed. Pretty sad.
Francois

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
NY voters approved a referendum last year to allow casino gambling. It was pushed hard by developers who are planning to take many of those derelict Catskill properties and redevelop them into modern casino destinations (similar to Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods in CT). Whether or not this 1) comes to pass, and 2) has spillover effects into the local communities, remains to be seen.

As someone who grew up in this area, I can still (decades after they closed) remember the commercials for Mount Airy Lodge and the Nevele....

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
The Catskills used to be the place where the New York Jews would go on summer vacation. All the greatest comics of the time used to go do comedy runs there. Then, airfare became relatively cheap and the usual customers started taking their vacation in the south.

I saw that on PBS... there used to be fantastic hotels with great architecture that could easily hold it up to other greats like the Eden Rock and the Bellagio in Miami. But now they're either falling to pieces, abandoned or simply bulldozed. Pretty sad.

That's another bizarre thing about the town that I didn't mention ... it was filled with vacationing Hassidic Jews. There was the "townie" part, which was filled with the broken down cars and falling apart houses that I mentioned, and then there was this park/recreation area that was segregated for (by?) the Hassidic Jews. The rec area was also a snapshot from the 70's ... the little plastic kiddie rides, slides, and swingsets hadn't been replaced since 1978 (all of them sunbleached to the point you couldn't tell what color they were originally), the bungalows were right out of a Woodstock documentary, and perhaps the most bizarre part of all, there was a tall chainlink fence around the whole area, so I was just looking in from the outside. That entire trip (we spent an extra day there just because the wedding party paid for it ... I guess the roach motel was pretty cheap) was like a trip to outer space.