Author Topic: Fun with Cinestill  (Read 1809 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Fun with Cinestill
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
Well, first of all, Cinestill is just fun filmstock. Plus, when I'm shooting it, I like to pretend that I'm making a movie, so I come up with elaborate stories behind each shot. An entire movie in one picture, as it were. But since I forget most of my narratives by the time I'm done shooting and developing, I decided to take a roll's worth of "keepers" and try to make a coherent movie out of all of them. Let's see if I can do this.

Our movie is a "day in the life". It starts in the evening, our hero (I guess that's me) has just woken up from a nap and is shaking the sleep from his eyes as he waits for his train.

A quick train ride later and he's at his first destination: a funk band at Rockwood Music Hall.

[cue funk music]

The band was great, but our hero's night wasn't over yet.

Another train ride later, and he's at his second show of the night. Of course, he's on much more than his second drink, so his vision is getting a little blurry.

Does he have it in him to make it all the way home? Picture a surreal scene where he sees a train coming, and feels himself falling and blacking out, but the train actually recedes:

Fade to black. Before you can panic too much about the possibly macabre fate of our hero, he wakes up on the beach.

The question of how he got there is left unanswered, as the camera pans up and the closing credits begin to roll.

Aaaaaaand, SCENE! :D