Author Topic: Analogbook on Kickstarter  (Read 1493 times)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Analogbook on Kickstarter
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:36:26 AM »
A friend on Facebook just hipped me to this project on Kickstarter, it's a set of notebooks for film photographers. As someone who could use a bit of organizational help when it comes to keeping notes when shooting, I'm all for it. Now the question is will I actually use then once I receive them?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/papercrate/analogbook-the-photographers-notebook

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Analogbook on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:07:25 AM »
I asked myself the same question :p
/jonas

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:35:24 AM »
I am using DIY solution, I tried several times making a log when using MF - without success. It simply doesn't work for me - MF is maybe a tad too snappy in my case to take notes and log details.. But when working with LF it is part of the routine..
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
I think it's a great idea and have pledged for some of the LF versions.

Ever since the demise of QuickLoads, where I could scribble all my notes, I've had to resort to a notebook. This invariably gets used for all sorts of other notes and ends up a mess.

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »
I've just pledged for some MF books. I love the fact that these books also double as 18% grey cards.  It'll give me the incentive to make a few marks and be able to know what went right / wrong when I look at the negs.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
I have such a weakness for notebooks and stationery in general ... Whilst the 10 unfinished moleskines I have need no company on the book shelf, I can't resist these :)
L.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
There you go Leon, you just had to remind me of my chronic moleskin neglect, didn't you?

I have such a weakness for notebooks and stationery in general ... Whilst the 10 unfinished moleskines I have need no company on the book shelf, I can't resist these :)

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

Ditto, though my non-work Moleskines tend to devolve into doodles and grocery lists.

Is anyone else using http://www.filmtrackr.com/ instead of paper? I mainly use it to minimize the number of loaded cameras and mystery rolls, but I might start tracking individual MF shots with it.