Author Topic: Aldeburgh Panoramas  (Read 2038 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Aldeburgh Panoramas
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
I've been suffering of late with a cold that just wouldn't go.  In an attempt to blow off the cobwebs and get some fresh ozone powered air into my lungs, Lara and I headed for the town of Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast, just over an hour's drive from where we live in north Essex. The sea air seems to be doing the trick.

Aldeburgh, apart from being an old fishing port, is home to an annual literary and music festival based around its best known former resident, the composer, Benjamin Britten. That takes place in summer. My preference is to visit in winter as the grey, bleak and cold North Sea suits the place to perfection. There's also a lot fewer people there.  It's not what I'd call a pretty town as much as interesting. The beach is just a big shingle bank and, where the beach meets the land, there are some great fish shops and smokeries to be found.

I'd wondered about which camera to take and whether to shoot in black and white or colour.  After a bit of deliberation, I decided to give the Hasselblad XPan + 30mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses an outing and run off a couple of rolls of Fuji Superia 400 I had in the fridge.  The scans were done by the High Street lab that processed the film (I just haven't time at the moment) but, whilst they're not the best, they're okay for this little set.

Hope you like the place as much as we do...

"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Aldeburgh Panoramas
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »
Here's just a few more......
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:26:14 PM »
Thank you. It must be 35 years since I was in those parts. I really miss the east Anglia coastline. Rod fishing at night especially.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »
Wow! Stunning shots, Paul.
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »
Great shots, I especially like that first on of the boat.  Something about that yellow stripe just jumps out and grabs my attention.

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:53:32 PM »
nice set Paul!
savage camera setup there too !!

I'm liking 1, 3, 7 and 9  :)