Author Topic: Vintage Racing at Lime Rock Park  (Read 2980 times)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Vintage Racing at Lime Rock Park
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
Lime Rock Park in Connecticut, USA has a long history of road racing (dating back to the 1950s), and every September hosts one of the largest vintage racing events on the East Coast. The collection of rare cars is impressive enough - both in the paddock and the parking lot - but watching people race cars worth millions of dollars is quite a sight.

Having attended for many years, and shooting plenty of photos of the on-track action, this time I decided to focus on details. All shot with my Canon P with Canon 50/1.5 or Leitz Elmar 90/4 on Kentmere 100.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Alan

• Self-Coat
Re: Vintage Racing at Lime Rock Park
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:54 PM »
really like this set of exotic vintage autos

i'm a bit of a petrol head so I can especially relate to these.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Why am I not seeing any images?  I tried it in Firefox and Explorer.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Nice ones! They actually race those?  :o Do you have a link to your previous years' pictures so I can see that?

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Most of these were on track that day; only the Ford in the last shot, the Aston, and the Cadillac were spectator cars. I don't think I have much online from previous years, and I know I need to rescan some of the older ones. I'll add some to this thread when I get a chance.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the photos, BAC1967. They are hosted on Photobucket, which has worked for me in most browsers. Perhaps you have some sort of blocker enabled that's preventing them from being loaded from a different site than the one you're visiting?
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »
I'm not sure why you're not seeing the photos, BAC1967. They are hosted on Photobucket, which has worked for me in most browsers. Perhaps you have some sort of blocker enabled that's preventing them from being loaded from a different site than the one you're visiting?

That's why, a lot of businesses, schools, etc block Photobucket for some reason.  I was able to view it on my iPhone, very nice pictures. 

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:54:31 AM »
That Kentmere 100 is a beautiful film...

I like very much how you show all those details, nice photographs. What car is in image #4?

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
That Kentmere 100 is a beautiful film...

I like very much how you show all those details, nice photographs. What car is in image #4?

I really like the Kentmere 100. A lot of people have found it rather mediocre, but for whatever reason I seem to get on well with it. The price doesn't hurt either.

The car in #4 is a Ford Falcon; I'm not sure what year exactly, but probably mid-1960s.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
this set is awesome! Great work

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »
Thanks very much!

-Hunter S. Thompson
-