Author Topic: blurrr  (Read 2286 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
blurrr
« on: December 25, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
It's winter, often rainy, cold, dark, not the best weather to take pictures? If there would be snow at least. No willing face wants to be portrayed. But I want to push the button. Since some time I wanted to experiment with long time exposures and intended camera movements or a really small dof. Maybe completely blurry pictures? Not as a photoshop effect but sooc. Could be a nice subject for "bad" weather or night shots. I have a new old lens, a 1.4/55, it's an old 7/5 Berger-Planar design that Zeiss gave up in the 50s but was copied by many japanese companies in the 70s. The lens is not really sharp wide open, if you want sharp pictures you have to stop down to 2.8 at least, but the "blurrr" is very nice. Not very swirly, I can't stand that anymore (does anybody want my 2.0/58 Helios?), but a nice soft/creamy bokeh. All images here are made with this lens at f/2.0 on Polypan F, EI 100, developed in Mytol (Xtol stlyle, homebrewed). The Polypan F with the bad halo protection also adds some flavour.

blurrr 1 by imagesfrugales, on Flickr
All pictures were shot within one hour, and this is my favorite. I wanted to take a shot from the tunnel since long and it turned out better than I was hoping. 2 seconds exposure. The only planned shot. I went out to take this shot, the others just came by intuition.

blurrr 2 by imagesfrugales, on Flickr
About 1 second exposure, also handheld. The in-focus part is not tack sharp but better than expected, and the background is lovely blurred.

blurrr 3 by imagesfrugales, on Flickr
Almost everything is blurry in this shot, focused at about 60 cm (2 ft). The subject is completely abstacted, dissolved to area and shape.

blurrr 4 by imagesfrugales, on Flickr
Unreal place, no sunshine at all

blurrr 5 by imagesfrugales, on Flickr
shop window bears

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
Re: blurrr
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
Beautiful images, Reinhold. I like them all.
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
Nice images Reinhold! Especially the "witch on a broom" in the first shot.

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
Nice images Reinhold! Especially the "witch on a broom" in the first shot.

Haha! Now I see it too,  :)
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 06:18:58 PM »
Wonderful images Reinhold. I haven't thought of setting out to make blurry photos, but a few FW's have me thinking about it now. Andrea does great stuff and now these. I think I might have a few more cups of coffee and take the Speed Graphic out for a hand-held spin tonight! :)
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
Thank you very much, guys. I also didn't recognize the witch before.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Thank you very much, guys. I also didn't recognize the witch before.

I might have read to many Terry Pratchett Discworld novels. And the witches are my favourite ;)