Author Topic: Summer, Solinar, Ektar  (Read 3155 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Summer, Solinar, Ektar
« on: August 31, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »
At £7.90 for the dev and postage I'm not much inclined to shoot colour, but if I do then 6x4.5 makes some sense rather than the usual 6x6.  However, it does mean that a roll is likely to hang around for half a season rather than getting done in a weekend.

The Solinar in question, a 75/3.9, was originally fitted to a broken Agfa Billy 0, a 127 camera from the 1930s that came to me after some years in a garden shed.   That camera was designed to shoot 4x6.5, and even if I particularly liked the format, going to the trouble of slitting 120 film seemed a waste to get only 8 shots.  Instead, I transplanted the Solinar onto a Zeiss Nettar 515 6x4.5 to give 16. 

This is an uncoated lens so no prizes for guessing which day I forgot to use the lens hood.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Summer, Solinar, Ektar
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »
interesting! I've got a roll of ektar sitting in the fridge and I just dunno when and how to use it.
I've seen the same blues in shade from a friend and those first shots is something that I want to achieve. light cloudy weather?
other than that I think it does really well when the sun goes down~

anyhow, nice mix of shots. the first two at the rocky shore are spot on in my book. exciting and calming at the same time.
/jonas

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
Thanks.  My fave is the second picnic shot.  Other lenses and films might have done the same but this combo has worked well.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »
Hey! that second one is me! Changing the film in my Zero 2000 if I remember correctly...

A quality lens that Sandeha!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Moiz

• Peel Apart
  • Learning my trade
    • My Tumblr
Summer, Solinar, Ektar
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
And that first one is me! Not sure what I'm doing, faffing probably.

Some nice pics there Sandeha! :)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
And I would have been happy to join the picnic. Nice set and I also like the Ektar very much.

Owlsflight

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 02:51:12 AM »
Great shots Sandeha! I'm a big fan of Ektar myself. That first one is a bag of eye candy, but the whole set is just beautiful.