Author Topic: Nearly New, New Street Station, Birmingham  (Read 1940 times)

Mike (happyforest)

• Sheet Film
Nearly New, New Street Station, Birmingham
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
Inspired a bit by Damion's 'Walking to work through an empty Birmingham' and a need to test out a new to me camera body, I decided to take some picture on my way into work of new street station.

It is halfway through a major refurbishment\rebuild and in April this year they opened up the new concourse and entrances. Due to be completed in 2015.

The first image is of the new concourse.
The second and third are off the reflective cladding that they have added to the building and the fourth is the supporting steelwork beneath. All this are on the stevenson street elavation of the building.

The fifth image is from the roof of a city centre building, with the cranes in the mid-distance being used on the construction project.

Mike

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
Re: Nearly New, New Street Station, Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:05:13 AM »
nice!   despite walking through new street every day id never noticed the roof!   Mayeb its becuase im there at some ungodly hour of the morning...

That city centre building.... trying to work out where it is.   Looks like the back of the radisson tower... so im thinking broad st/colmore road area? 

Mike (happyforest)

• Sheet Film
Re: Nearly New, New Street Station, Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
I'm a building manager so I tend to look up into ceilings to see how they deliver/hide the services. The first time I went into the new bull ring shopping centre, I looked for the fire exits, and couldn't see any signs etc. Sad I know!

The building is between temple row and corporation street behind House of Fraser.

Thanks for the comments.