Author Topic: Cosina Voigtlander Bessa A series discontinued  (Read 6388 times)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
Cosina Voigtlander Bessa A series discontinued
« on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »
Cosina mentions on their news page at their Japanese web site last month that the A series cameras have been discontinued. Theses are their auto exposure cameras included the R2A (0.7x finder) , R3A (1.0x finder) and R4A (wide angle frame finder) cameras. There is very little new stock in the channel and Cosina is out of stock.

For more on the series...
http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Bessa_(35mm)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:46:03 PM by tkmedia »
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
Re: Cosina Voigtlander Bessa A series discontinued
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
That's a shame I had an R3a and I really liked it. I know some of the Leica crowd can be a little snobby about them but I had great results from mine. The issue I has with the R3a was 1:1 viewfinder, I found it difficult to see the framelines. I'd happily have an R2a with the 0.7 viewfinder.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
I had the R-D1 with 1:1 viewfinder and rather liked it. But for anything wider than 40mm (28 x 1.5 crop) it was a no go.

I just hope this is not a sign that Cosina will be letting up on new lens releases. They are the sane manĀ“s option for new M-mount lenses.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
Somehow, I don't think they'll drop the lenses. Everybody I see on Tokyo Camera Style seems to have a Leica with some Voigtlander lens on it!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
they cannot drop lenses as that is where they are making money. The camera operations are very small, with only hundred cameras a month.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

LeonY

• Lasers - Pew Pew
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 05:32:11 AM »
I have the R2. I hope they will still be making the Manual machines...I didnt really care much for the A setting anyway. And yeah, their lenses are great! I have 2

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 06:16:44 AM »
Aside from the lenses, I wonder how good the cameras really are? Note the people in this threads saying they 'had' one of these cameras. I worked my way through the .L, T, R2, R3A and I sold the lot. They were alright .... But not great. Noisy shutters, a bit of wobble on fixings, quite plasticky. Meh. The main thing I did like on the r3a was the auto function.
L.

LeonY

• Lasers - Pew Pew
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 06:23:16 AM »
My R2 is awesome! Its my 1st and only Rangefinder. I carry it with me as an every day shooter! Cant complain at all!

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
Aside from the lenses, I wonder how good the cameras really are? Note the people in this threads saying they 'had' one of these cameras. I worked my way through the .L, T, R2, R3A and I sold the lot. They were alright .... But not great. Noisy shutters, a bit of wobble on fixings, quite plasticky. Meh. The main thing I did like on the r3a was the auto function.

I have to agree. I've had an R2, nice camera, but just as Leon says- noisy, every moveable part felt sligtly fragile... Far from the rigidity of the M2 I had later.
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.