Author Topic: Corners of a Cathedral  (Read 2310 times)

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
Corners of a Cathedral
« on: May 14, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
Some time ago I visited my home city - Kosice, in Slovakia, and spent some hours in the Cathedral. The negatives I brought home do not show the usual images - I have found the cathedral rather spoiled - too much reconstruction, cables, speakers and even LCD screens in side naves... Finding all that stuff not to my liking I had to waste some film in various odd corners...
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
Re: Corners of a Cathedral
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »
All the images were made using 13x18cm negatives and printed as kallitypes on Bergger Cot 320 or Arches Platine using various toners.

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:41:02 AM »
Beautiful work as always, I must try Kalitypes one day. Do you have problems with image permanence? I've got some of my selenium toned argryotypes in full sun, holding up so far.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:37:11 AM »
Thanks, Dave!
I know that some people would say that kallitypes should (and must) be toned with precious metal toners only. I have some of my selenium or sepia toned kallitypes hanging in sunlight, near the window in cheap wooden frames (e.g. no UV protective glass etc) - and I see no image degradation. Might show up in years to come, but from my point of view - the purpose of my images for me is to bring joy to me (and hopefully others). If I like the print made using toners that don't promise the eternal-image-permanence I don't care - by the time the print would show any degradation it would be long replaced by another one on the wall :) As no one has ever bought a print from me I don't care about customer's satisfaction, yet. :) I will when I get some.

Rafael Morales

• Peel Apart
  • Ralph (loves film.) :D
    • My Posterous Blog.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »
Beautiful work! I specially like the photos of the stairs. The light on those is very nice! The prints must be stunning to hold.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
Thanks, Dave!
I know that some people would say that kallitypes should (and must) be toned with precious metal toners only. I have some of my selenium or sepia toned kallitypes hanging in sunlight, near the window in cheap wooden frames (e.g. no UV protective glass etc) - and I see no image degradation. Might show up in years to come, but from my point of view - the purpose of my images for me is to bring joy to me (and hopefully others). If I like the print made using toners that don't promise the eternal-image-permanence I don't care - by the time the print would show any degradation it would be long replaced by another one on the wall :) As no one has ever bought a print from me I don't care about customer's satisfaction, yet. :) I will when I get some.

Well, whenever you replace the first one of the stairs on your wall, you can send it to me and have your first customer! :) These are beautiful!