Author Topic: London to Brighton HCVS run  (Read 1719 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
London to Brighton HCVS run
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
My first essay
Here some of the shots that were taken at the starting place of the Heavy Commercial Vehicle Society's annual run, a couple of sundays back  at Crystal Palace. I only came across it due to taking the dog for a walk around there on the sat evening but I believe its an event, that routes from CP park following the A23 down  through Redhill, to the football stadium area at Crawley for a break and any running repairs, then onto Brighton in about 4-51/2 hours. I hoped there would have been people dressed in clothing of the age but out of the 60 or so vehs there maybe there was 3-4 people in costume, otherwise I would have taken some portraits. Not being a petrol head in any shape or size I didn't get any details of the vehicle just admired their beauty.
 These are all shot with the Bronica ETRSi on Acros 100 devved in R09. There are plenty more shot on 35mm Kentmere (which have the water spots-see other thread) and some in colour that have yet to be developed.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: London to Brighton HCVS run
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
PT2

Photostephen

• 35mm
Re: London to Brighton HCVS run
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »
I enjoyed having a look at these pictures, I used to live in Brighton in the 1970's and can remember watching this run on a number of occasions, sadly the pictures that I took at that time are now lost in the many moves since that time.
Praktica IV F and Edixa-mat user