Author Topic: NYC: One Day, One Camera, One Lens, One Roll  (Read 1806 times)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
NYC: One Day, One Camera, One Lens, One Roll
« on: May 09, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
As I'm sure you know, NYC offers a plethora of opportunities for street photography. I'm not particularly good it, not having had much practice, but it's fun to try in a place where there is bound to be something worthwhile every few blocks. While I was down there are few weeks ago for WPPD, I also ran a single roll of Tri-X through my new-to-me Canon P with Jupiter-8 attached. A few selections follow; many are cropped, and I've adjusted a few levels to compensate for some overexposure. I really like the glow the Sonnar-formula Jupiter-8 produces with Tri-X.

As you can see, the only one who seemed to notice the camera was the dog....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
Re: NYC: One Day, One Camera, One Lens, One Roll
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »
Really nice snaps. You managed to capture a good amount of NYC characters. That place is a street photography paradise, when I lived there I always had a camera with me. I'm a big fan of the last two. Grand Central is one of the greatest spaces on earth. That glow you mention is most apparent on the Chrysler Building shot. Well done!

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
Great series of shots and always remember "with practice comes perfect". Love the one of the cowboy on a bike.... :)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:04:28 PM »
Thanks, guys.

The "Sonnar glow" is clearest on the Chrysler Building for sure, but I also like the look it gives to the interior of Grand Central; the light through those huge windows is fantastic.

The real visual impact of the cowboy on the bike doesn't come across as clearly as I would have liked. He looked like someone who's been sprinkling heroin on their Corn Flakes in the morning for the last 20 years, and he was wearing a pink bikini. No one even looked at him twice. Just another day in NYC....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/