Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 836933 times)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
I just picked up...
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »
Figured I would start one of these threads to get everyone's GAS going.

I'll start.

Just picked up a nice  PS 150mm SQ series lens for the bronica. $100 for the lens with a bronica protective filter. Cant wait to get out and shoot with it.  8)

John Robison

• Sheet Film
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:19:22 AM »
I've just picked up my Olympus Pen F (actually I've had the Pen F for several years but have been busy with other stuff). So....after several months hanging from a peg in the closet I loaded it up, put a bag of Cheerios in my pocket, and headed out the door to annoy some crows.

The crows were not cooperating, I guess their forage is too good this time of year to go for cereal. Some times they just go crazy for the stuff. Didn't get a single shot.

Some days you get the shot. Some days you just get shot down. 

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
John - great turn around of the just picked up theme.  And you've given me an idea for photographing a bold colony of rooks that live near me. I might even be so mad as to use my 5x4. That should be some real life filmwasting right there.

Tintin - congrats on the Bronnie Lens.

I've had a bit of a run on gear acquisition:  A 75mm rodenstock lens and now a refurbed Isolette III with the better lens for some old-skool 6x6 p&s action (it's not arrived yet, but shouldn't be long).
L.

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
I just picked up... NOTHING AT ALL!

Where is the 'mid-April' launched Ilford Obscura? I was hoping to have one for WWPD but no luck. Now it looks as though mid-May may come and go without it. Grrrrr. And we've just had our three days of summer sun in Buckinghamshire when an IlObs (will that name catch on?) would have been just the thing.

Hope it arrives in time for our next three days of sun in the autumn.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »
Does the Travelwide count?  ;D

Otherwise nothing new recently, but so much necessary things in the future (which is why I'm getting rid of most of my 35mm gear):

• Mamiya 105mm TLR lens for the Duo TLR
  • Good tripod (for the 8x10 pinhole camera). The current one just shakes too much.
  • 90mm lens for the Travelwide
  • 4x5 film holders for the Travelwide

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »
I got given by my neighbour a 1920s Brownie Autograph, I can get the shutter to work, but cannot get the front standard onto the rails, maybe I'm missing a trick, but it seems stuck
also a old Polaroid 600 - not sure it's worth spending on fueling with IP film yet

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »
I just had to save an old Polaroid SX-70 (solid body fixed focus) and an old Super-8 camera from the junk pile at a rummage sale. Got both of them for a buck.

But I still have a ton of stuff I haven't tried yet...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
filmwasters always busy finding things! Good to see so many people out finding deals! ;D

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
I've just picked a Minolta Riva (Freedom) Zoom 105i, a very interesting "compact" (600g) camera.
The most interesting feature of this camera is AF system: TTL Phase-detect with a CCD chip.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:19:14 PM by Fluminian »
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
The Jimmy Neutron Rocket Camera. Have not had a chance to test it yet.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
^that's unreal

Yglotte

• A 15 year old film "photographer"
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »
I'm gonna get a Gr1, it will arrive tomorrow, so pics tomorrow  ;) I got a bargain on it was 124$ and it's usually 500$ here in France  ;D

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »
I wish I had a rocket camera, but I did manage to pick up a second Pentax MX body in good condition for £30.

Emma

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
ANOTHER Coronet Commander. I think its a compulsion.

It is actually for a friend of mine as a birthday present, although I might just keep it and have two... I haven't been shooting in ages though - exams are horrible things.
twitter: @effy_yeomans

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
I recently got a Canon P, a Leitz Elmar 90 f/4, and a Nikkor Q.C. 135 f/3.5. With the Jupiter-8 50 f/2, Jupiter-12 35 f/2.8, and Steinheil turret finder I already had I've got a pretty complete LTM kit.

(Excuse the blog watermark; I forgot to save an unmarked version.)
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
Great camera and lens collection, 02Pilot.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »

Thanks. I bought it so I would have a good interchangeable lens rangefinder kit to take on vacation this summer (Slovenia and Croatia for two weeks). At least that's the rationale/excuse I'm going with.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

artobest

• 35mm
    • The Siskin Press
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 11:30:51 PM »
A nice, big darkroom dishwarmer. Damn thing gets hot fast though.

Oh, and a prism and Billingham 307 bag for the Rollei.

JoeV

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »
Just this week I picked up an Olympus XA-2 with the type 11 flash and original box, from a thrift store. The thrift store booth had two XA-2s and one XA to choose from; I mated the best working body with the best working flash. Have a roll of C-41 B/W I'm shooting. Initial tests seem to indicate all is in good working order, but the proof will be in the resulting prints.

~Joe

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »

Thanks. I bought it so I would have a good interchangeable lens rangefinder kit to take on vacation this summer (Slovenia and Croatia for two weeks). At least that's the rationale/excuse I'm going with.

Oh, you're coming to Croatia? Great choice, 02Pilot.  ;) What part of my country are you visiting?

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
Well, I picked up a lovely 19in Red Dot Artar - for my future 8x10 camera. And you know what? It would also cover 7x17 format!!!  8)
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »

Oh, you're coming to Croatia? Great choice, 02Pilot.  ;) What part of my country are you visiting?

After visiting relatives in Slovenia, I'll get on a small boat in Dubrovnik and be somewhere along the coast for a week. That's about as much as I know at this point. I haven't been in several years, and the last time was only Istria.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 01:35:50 PM »

After visiting relatives in Slovenia, I'll get on a small boat in Dubrovnik and be somewhere along the coast for a week. That's about as much as I know at this point. I haven't been in several years, and the last time was only Istria.

Have a great time during you visit to Croatia and come back again.  The Ministry of Tourism of Croatia should send me some money
for the promotional work I do for them.  ;)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

Have a great time during you visit to Croatia and come back again.  The Ministry of Tourism of Croatia should send me some money
for the promotional work I do for them.  ;)

I'm sure you'll have no problem convincing them to provide you with a little bonus every now and again.  ;)

Where in Croatia are you?

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
RE: I just picked up...
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
Nuffink. Not even a cold  Great thread though :-)
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Volker

• Peel Apart
    • www.dynamo.de
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Hi,

i acquired a 8x10 back for the Sinar, 2 holders and i adapted a 4.5/360 Tessar on a Sinar lensboard.
I'm still waiting for a few Aluminum Black Plates. Then the wet plate adventure will begin :-)

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
Carson 5x loupe.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
Just picked up......a curry. Four days in Amsterdam and I'm craving some traditional English nosh  ;D

Saving my pennies for Photographica next weekend. That said, I have just seen that I've got a parcel to pick up from the Post Office tomorrow - 5 packs of the 7-Day Shop 120 slide film. Probably the "ammo" I'll be firing when we head off down Route 66 later this year.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
Does getting allergies count as "getting something" ?
The pollen is really killing my nose this year.  :'( (crying not out of sadness but because if my itchy eyes)
Francois

cidereye

• 35mm
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
Just randomly picked up a Zuiko OM 100-200 f/5 whilst passing a camera shop earlier. Couldn't afford it really as saving and the moral of the story I guess is don't drink Fullers ESB at dinnertime knowing you will pass by a camera shop on your way back.  :-[  ;D

Info Red

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
About a year ago my wife and I moved to another home.  In the home we left I had a wonderful darkroom setup; in the new place, just an open area in the basement.  But I recently had a darkroom sink installed, and this week I picked up some cabinetry for storage of chemicals, supplies, etc.  Still waiting to get some base cabinets and a counter top, run a bit of electricity where I need it for safelights and such.  But at least the storage cabinets are in place now!  The eventual setup will not be as roomy as the last one, but will still give me a place to do some non-silver work as well as print black and white again.

Mark

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »
Got gifted a rather nice Brownie 2A today by my in-laws. Methinks it´s a 1914-1917 model:

Brownie 2A by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
just picked up another 120 back for my SQ-A!

Camera expo on Sunday! Hoping to either find a rapid grip for the SQ on sunday or trade some leica glass. Though even another 120 back or a nice 50mm wouldnt hurt  :P

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »
tk

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »
yummy!

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »
My recent haul - the isolette came last week, but my new Sekonic Twinmate arrived yesterday, as did the push-on yellow filter, and the high-grip covering that I have replaced the tatty original coving with. A nice handheld MF set up now. Looming forward to using it in the bank holiday weekend sun.

IMG_20130524_183558.JPG by LeonTaylor-Photo, on Flickr
L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »
It's when you get stuff like this that you start to appreciate traveling light :)
Francois

nepumug

• 35mm
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:46 PM »
Interestingly I don't suffer from GAS (sorry, I don't want to brag  ;)), but I came across a Yashica T4 like two weeks ago and I just had to buy it - it was 6€ only and in nice shape. I send out the first roll for processing today (color negative) and have loaded some tmax right now. Really fun to use, this little camera.

I have another camera on my wishlist (ok, the T4 was not on a wishlist), but this is off topic ...

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
just picked up another 120 back for my SQ-A!

It's obviously that time of year; I've just grabbed an extra A12 back for the Hassy 500c/m.  I'm pretty sure I'll be taking it on holiday this year and having 3 backs will allow me a bit of flexibility when it comes to film stock to shoot at various times of the day.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
These days, I must admit I'm pretty good on GAS... an it isn't related to those high octane beans I had the other day  ???
Francois

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »
Postman delivered a new play thing a couple of days ago...so may levers!

sinar norma by Nick Moys, on Flickr

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:51 AM »
I been taking my Maalox / Gaviscon / tums, so no serious camera GAS from me. ;D
tk

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
I been taking my Maalox / Gaviscon / tums, so no serious camera GAS from me. ;D

Gastal does the job fine too.  ;)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 01:42:41 PM »
Nice find Nick. I think you'll be impressed with the 4x5 negatives. It will certainly suit your style of pic.
L.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »
I'd been hoping to pick up a more modern lightmeter at Photographica to replace the 1960s Agfa Lucimeter I've been using for these past few years, but none to be found.  Today I scored a Sekonic Twinmate which looks plenty good enough.  I hadn't been aware of these until very, very recently ...

How's yours, Leon?     ;)

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
Nick, congratulations, the Norma is a wonderful camera! Allows you any movement you could ever imagine and is very comfortable to use . I am still very content with mine 5x7 version - which is nowadays a bit worried but it may stay assured - I won't be sending it away when the larger THING arrives... :)
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
http://kirstenireland.com

Go down to the free download section and there you have it, or rather she has it - something bad. When you don´t have room for food in your fridge, due to (over)stock of photoflo, then you are in trouble.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 09:00:09 PM »
Went to the expo today! Took some shots, will upload later once I develop the roll. film GAS was itching me. Ended up picking up a couple items since I spent most of my efforts trying to find a cleaner summicron to trade with.

Today's catch is a brick of kodak plus X in 35mm expired 2011, $30.
Bronica SQ Rapidwinder (LOVE IT so far!) - $40. I think i overpaid a little. But I knew the seller and he's a decent guy. Im sure he will cut me a break next time I see him.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
Bought an Olympus xa1 from a car boot to sell as it seemed wrong to leave it there.  It will be on the sales board soon but pm me if interested before that.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »
I swear I had absolutely no intention of buying a camera today. None. We were going to a farmer's market, then to lunch so I could address my recent cheeseburger craving, then for a nice vigorous hike (to account for the cheeseburger). But there was an antique store. It could not be ignored. I had no choice.

It's stiff and dirty, but the shutter and aperture both work, including the slow speeds. The inside is pristine. At $30, can any of you honestly say you would have been able to walk away from it?

-Hunter S. Thompson
-