Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 346975 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #3100 on: August 10, 2017, 08:24:43 PM »
Tamron is one of those companies that will surprise you in more ways than you think. While some of their zooms can be average when it comes down to sharpness, they always make up for that in other ways like range. And their prime lenses are usually quite good. I have a few and can vouch for their quality.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3101 on: August 11, 2017, 08:59:23 PM »
I sent the Leica IIIc and the Summitar lens to YYe Camera for servicing and cleaning so my $30 deal turned into $300 pretty quick.  I hope he can get that lens cleaned up so it's usable.

I shipped the camera to Yye Camera on Monday and just got this reply from him today!

Bryan,
I have your camera and lens done.
Leica IIIc - The curtains are still good.  CLA'd, cleaned and lubricated mechanical parts, adjusted shutter speeds and brake.  Shutter works well at all speeds now.  Cleaned both finders, replaced beam splitter to new, both finders are clean and clear now.  Adjusted focus.
Summitar 50/2.0 lens - CLA'd, cleaned and lubricated both focus and aperture rings, cleaned aperture blades.  Cleaned each element in the lens removed haze inside.  Lens is clean and clear now consider its age.  Tested the lens with digital M body, lens is in focus and produce good images.

He has worked on a few cameras for me and I have had great service from him each time.  This was done in less than a week!  I was really worried about that lens, it looked pretty bad when I sent it, lots of haze and crud on the lens.  I didn't try any cleaning myself for fear I may damage it.  I could have done the beam splitter myself but since I was sending it in it wasn't that much more money to have him do it.  I'm pretty excited about getting it back.

http://www.yyecamera.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3102 on: August 11, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »
Even if it's more expensive, it's always worth it to do business with true professionals!

Which reminds me of a quote I heard once: "I'm too poor to buy cheap stuff"
Francois

astrobeck

• Sheet Film
    • Palomino Pinhole
« Reply #3103 on: August 12, 2017, 10:53:21 PM »
I went to a HAM radio festival this morning and picked up a Pentax K1000 for 40 dollars.   8)

It came with the Kalimar shown and a Vivitar 28-85 zoom.
The camera is in great shape, the mirror bumper is good, the shutter times seem accurate and the meter works, not that I pay much attention to meters.... The seals look good too, but I may replace them after I run a roll or two through it.
Anyway, I was pretty happy to find it at the "tailgate" sale not expecting to find a camera. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:55:40 PM by astrobeck »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3104 on: August 13, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
It's definitely a classic :)
Francois

MiguelCampano

« Reply #3105 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
I just picked up a bottle of Ilford DD-X, to switch from my regular Ilfosol 3. Any advice as to how to use it? I'll be shooting HP5 for the most part as my go-to B&W, and will definitely push-process a couple of rolls, to either 1600 or 3200. 

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3106 on: August 16, 2017, 03:37:06 PM »
I saw this in an antique shop and couldn't resist.  It's a King Regula Cita III with an uncoupled Gossen light meter. 

King Regula Cita III by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Gimenosaiz

• Peel Apart
    • Film Flickr
« Reply #3107 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
Hi!!!
I purchased a panoramic Horizon 202 at Real Camera, Manchester ;-)

It's very funny!

Cheers
Antonio

PeterR

• Self-Coat
  • Gwylio'r golau
« Reply #3108 on: August 16, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »
Hi!!!

I had one of those. Lugged it around China with me. Great for a different view point. Think I sold it to another FWer.

Try it for street photography.

Gimenosaiz

• Peel Apart
    • Film Flickr
« Reply #3109 on: August 16, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
Hi!!!

I had one of those. Lugged it around China with me. Great for a different view point. Think I sold it to another FWer.

Try it for street photography.

Great!!! I really love this format. The lens of the Horizon is pretty good, I mean, for the price!

Cheers

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #3110 on: August 16, 2017, 08:40:09 PM »
Bryan: I love the look of the King Regula Cita III. Enjoy it!
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3111 on: August 16, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »
I always wanted a Horizon...
One of the cheesy tricks I want to do with one is set it on a low minipod in vertical position so that the lens points down looking at my feet, press the button and jump over it before it gets me entirely in the image  ;D
Francois

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3112 on: August 17, 2017, 07:42:14 AM »
The Horizon is by far the best panorama camera on a sensible budget, in all honesty it´s up there with the Widelux F7 and Noblex 135 but it has more shutter-speeds to choose from. Great camera Gimenosaiz!

After hauling my G617 around for a few weeks I was tempted by something a bit more portable and anded back with the Bessa II / Color-Skopar. Totally forgot how small the finder was, guess it´s all forgotten when I se the negatives  ;)

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3113 on: August 21, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »
Look what I found, locally at a good price!
I have been lusting for one of these like for ever so my Land 195 will have to fight for it´s place now. Not sure if it´s going to make neither me or my photos any better but I don´t really care  ;D

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #3114 on: August 21, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
great find! always wanted to try one of those.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3115 on: August 21, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »

So far it feels great! Stellar finder, great lens, if a bit slow @ 5.6. Anyhow I`m not to worried about blurry images and it´s vell balanced and has pretty good ergonomics so I`m happy. Best pice of plastic I ever bought, it´s a keeper.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #3116 on: Today at 09:04:35 AM »

So far it feels great! Stellar finder, great lens, if a bit slow @ 5.6. Anyhow I`m not to worried about blurry images and it´s vell balanced and has pretty good ergonomics so I`m happy. Best pice of plastic I ever bought, it´s a keeper.

cool! enjoy. hope you have great fun with it.