Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 837008 times)

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #1800 on: July 28, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
No music in the last place was a bit boring, even dug out my turntable and dusted off my vinyl :)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #1801 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »
Back when I was a research biologist, there used to be a lot of debate about electronics of any sort in the darkroom. The (conspiracy) theory being that any electromagnetic radiation, or the risk of a spark, could affect the xray film we were using. But knowing what I know now, I'd just tell everyone to STFU because it's just film ;D

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1802 on: July 28, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
My darkroom is full of electronics, let's see if I ruin any films because of it :p

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1803 on: July 28, 2015, 08:40:42 PM »
Now I really need to offload some stuff, anyone up for a Kowa Super 66 set?
If it wasn't that I'm really broke as nails these days, I'd definitely consider it seriously  :(
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1804 on: July 29, 2015, 09:54:27 AM »
on my search after a cheap, and functioning(!), lens I stumbled upon this beauty.

unfortunately it suffers from the usual stuck mirror but some alcohol and sewing machine oil should fix that right up.

/jonas

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #1805 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
If it wasn't that I'm really broke as nails these days, I'd definitely consider it seriously  :(
Will put the kit up for sale soon, maybe it will be cheap enough for your consideration, who knows? ;)
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1806 on: July 29, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »
on my search after a cheap, and functioning(!), lens I stumbled upon this beauty.

unfortunately it suffers from the usual stuck mirror but some alcohol and sewing machine oil should fix that right up.

Nice Jonas, really like the black SP/Spotmatics. My (chrome) SP1000 has a semi-sticky mirror. It tends to hang in the up position if shot in the cold. Once warmed up it flips back down. No idea if it is related to sticky dampening rubber, or ancient grease congealing. Good luck with yours.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1807 on: July 29, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »
Will put the kit up for sale soon, maybe it will be cheap enough for your consideration, who knows? ;)
Just let me know by PM...
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1808 on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:08 PM »
Just let me know by PM...
Right you are then, you get first dibs
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

carljmoss

• 35mm
« Reply #1809 on: July 29, 2015, 10:25:52 PM »
Well folks, I just picked up an Agfa Ambi Silette with all four lenses. I am very pleased with what I've seen so far. I still love my Leica IIIf and the various folders, but I think this little set is going to become a firm favourite.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1810 on: July 30, 2015, 02:24:51 AM »
I've been lusting for a Leica for some time now.  This is a model III with an Elmar f/3.5 lens in very nice condition.

Leica III by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1811 on: July 31, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
Eirik, if your spotmatic is just acting up in the cold then I'd use it as a sunny weather camera ;)
seriously though. it seems easy enough if the problem haven't gone too far. slower shutter speeds are more prone to get the mirror stuck too <1/60 mine just about handled 1/500 and now a spring went loose :P

oh well, wasn't planning to buy any more stuff soon but poped in on the local second hand shop and they had brought out the big camera table -it would had been rude of me to not buy anything ;)

the mju ii will be interesting to try and I glad I found a yashica electro 35 gx to complement my cc
/jonas

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #1812 on: August 01, 2015, 02:45:18 AM »
Welcome to the club. I've really been enjoying the two IIIcs I got earlier this year, to the point that they've become my default grab-on-the-way-out-the-door cameras. Still need to get an Elmar 50, though (though I've got 14 LTM lenses at last count, so it's not exactly a desperate need...).

Cheapskate tip: 19mm filters made to fit Argus lenses also fit the Elmar perfectly, and are dramatically cheaper than the Leica equivalents.

I've been lusting for a Leica for some time now.  This is a model III with an Elmar f/3.5 lens in very nice condition.

Leica III by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1813 on: August 01, 2015, 02:55:01 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the filters, I am a cheapskate. 

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #1814 on: August 01, 2015, 03:20:27 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the filters, I am a cheapskate.

Me too. That's why I've got the Soviet knock-off, not the real Elmar (filters fit the Russki lens too).
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1815 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
A Fujica ST605N from a charity shop, very clean and seems to be working fine, meter works too

_MG_3867 by Stuart Burrows, on Flickr

I have some much nicer M42 glass to put on it, plus it came with a strap and a flash but i seem to have misplaced them

A Gossen Luna Pro lightmeter from our very own Peter R

_MG_3872 by Stuart Burrows, on Flickr

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #1816 on: August 02, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
A new (OK 50+ Year old) large format camera.

MPP by Photo Utopia, on Flickr

Since taking that snap (I had to borrow a digicam because I have sold all my DSLRs) I have also bought a 150mm Fujinon lens.
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1817 on: August 02, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »
Really nice one. What model is it?
Francois

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #1818 on: August 02, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
You know I wish I knew  :-[ I think it dates from the late 50's early 1960's and the build quality is first rate-I paid £150 with a 6x9 back. I already had some darkslides, film and other sundries from when I had a Sinar which I passed on as it was really a studio cam.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:54:45 PM by Photo_Utopia »

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #1819 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
I just received these two beauties and I'm awaiting the arrival of a third one. Then I can shoot ISO 100, 400, 1600 BW on my next holiday. Clearly I'm overthinking this. :D

And should I find one I'd love to have a fourth one for some xpro ...

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #1820 on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »
You know I wish I knew  :-[ I think it dates from the late 50's early 1960's and the build quality is first rate-I paid £150 with a 6x9 back.

It looks to be a Linhof Technika. Very nice camera!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #1821 on: August 02, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »
Its actually a MPP micro technical, similar to a Technika but made (like me) in Britain (Kingston upon Thames).
I think it might be a MKVII or similar but don't know the model.
I bought it with funds released with the sale of my Nikon DSLR and I'm now film only!

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1822 on: August 02, 2015, 08:12:20 PM »
Congrats on the MPP. I see a model VII or VIII is my future line-up.

The VII was the first with an international back. The VIII is a big redesign, much more rounded, yours is not an VIII.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:25:50 PM by Ezzie »
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1823 on: August 02, 2015, 08:39:47 PM »
Looks like it's built like a tank...
MPP stands for Micro Precision Products Ltd.
I had to look it up
Francois

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1824 on: August 02, 2015, 09:17:25 PM »
Is it actually micro precision as well? Having handled a Linhof makes you somewhat spoiled........... :P
I've seen that you can extend the bellows at the back of the camera if the slide isn't long enough, cool! Could be a promising entry into the large format world.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #1825 on: August 03, 2015, 06:55:15 AM »
It seems to have a good range of movements and is built like a Swiss watch. I can't say if it is Linhof quality but if they are better then they are amazing.
I owned a Sinar for a number of years and my reason for getting this is it all folds up into a sandwich box size and fits in a small shoulder bag--I can see myself carrying it miles when the Sinar P1 became a chore.

Movements are restricted a little on this model I think (I can't find) front forward tilt is missing which is on the MK VII and later but I actually only use a small amount of movements anyhow.

I recently bought a Fujinon 150mm F6,3 from an auction site Japanese buyer for £68 which was a good deal as it is super clean and small enough to stow in the camera.
The UK customs hit me though as they taxed me on what they thought it was worth rather than the price paid also the added a service charge for collecting the tax which pushed the price to just under £100

Happy with the lens though.

Now all I need is some time to use the thing :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:42:53 PM by Photo_Utopia »

x100art

« Reply #1826 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:15 AM »
300 feet of B&W film. ;D
1. Arista EDU Ultra 100
2.Ilford FP4+
3.Pan F Plus .
and a  Lloyd  Bulk Film Loader.

Now need to find time a shot all this film :)
Take me back to the 80's please !!! I don't  like this time ..

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1827 on: August 04, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »
And here she is. Advertised as "Minty", though the taste is nowhere near spearmint or any other variety I know of ;). She is however in very fine fettle. Counter shows 100 shots! Counter displays no of shots taken in steps of 100, so could be closer to 200 for all I know. Having said that, Fuji claim that up to 200 test shots may be fired off before boxing, so this camera is most likely never used in anger.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1828 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »
Sweet!
I didn't know they had a permanent "clickometer" counter on those...
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1829 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »
It´s all electronic Francois. Shows up in the LCD if you press the right combination of buttons :D
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1830 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »
I got my NOS Nimslo 3D camera (the much smaller and better-quality predecessor to the Nishika N8000) today:

I'll have to order up some batteries for it, I don't want to open the Nimslo-branded ones that came in the box.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1831 on: August 04, 2015, 11:05:11 PM »
I had a Nishika N8000 but I got rid of it when I found out you can't do much with the film anymore.  I think you had to send the film to be mounted a special way for the 3D effect, there's nowhere to send it for that any more.  I never did run any film through it, I would be curious to see what it does.  Do you get 4 almost identical pictures side by side?

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1832 on: August 04, 2015, 11:28:52 PM »
I had a Nishika N8000 but I got rid of it when I found out you can't do much with the film anymore.  I think you had to send the film to be mounted a special way for the 3D effect, there's nowhere to send it for that any more.  I never did run any film through it, I would be curious to see what it does.  Do you get 4 almost identical pictures side by side?

My understanding is that there are 4 half-frame images. I'm hoping that they can be scanned by the Pakon using TLX Client and that I can make a 3D gif.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1833 on: August 04, 2015, 11:43:42 PM »

My understanding is that there are 4 half-frame images. I'm hoping that they can be scanned by the Pakon using TLX Client and that I can make a 3D gif.

I bet you could print them in a way that they could be viewed in an old stereograph.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #1834 on: August 05, 2015, 02:49:22 AM »

Peter (hookstrapped) had, or has, a camera exactly like that and created anim gifs with it. They came out great!

Ricardo Miranda

« Reply #1835 on: August 05, 2015, 09:27:07 AM »
A different form of filmwasting:

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #1836 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

Peter (hookstrapped) had, or has, a camera exactly like that and created anim gifs with it. They came out great!

I have a Nishika N8000, though I have reluctantly decided to part with mine and you can indeed my 3D animated gif files with it.

I wrote an article on my blog (http://charlesbinnslandscapephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/processing-images-from-nishika-n8000.html) which describes how to do this using Photoshop.  Hope that helps.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1837 on: August 05, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »
A different form of filmwasting:

Great, another 8mm waster!  I've never shot with a Soviet made movie camera but I have heard good things about them.  I mostly use Bolex and Nizo for Regular 8mm.  I would like to hear what you think of it.

Ricardo Miranda

« Reply #1838 on: August 05, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »
Well, I've been waiting 30+ years to shoot any cine film.
I've wanted before to use some Super8, but 30 years ago my father's camera wasn't in working order.
Now, I've found out the Fomapan 100R is all I need and it is still in production.
As Foma doesn't do Super8 cartridges, so it had to be Double 8 or DS8.

This video on You Tube gave me some idea of the film:

https://youtu.be/V5soF4k3wOw

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1839 on: August 05, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »
Well, I've been waiting 30+ years to shoot any cine film.
I've wanted before to use some Super8, but 30 years ago my father's camera wasn't in working order.
Now, I've found out the Fomapan 100R is all I need and it is still in production.
As Foma doesn't do Super8 cartridges, so it had to be Double 8 or DS8.

This video on You Tube gave me some idea of the film:

https://youtu.be/V5soF4k3wOw

I shoot both Super 8 and Regular 8mm but I prefer Regular 8mm.  I like the old projectors and clockwork cameras better than the plastic Super 8 stuff.  I haven't shot any black and white, still working my way through my hoard of Kodak Ektachrome 100 but it's getting low.  I'm hoping Ferrania makes some color reversal Regular 8mm though they only have plans for Super 8.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1840 on: August 05, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
Second day of my holidays in northern Norway. Yesterday was nice and sunny with 20 centigrades, today rain and wind with a 5 degree temperature drop. Perfect for testing my new aquisition which arrived on Monday. I was planning to buy a Konica Genba Kantoku, but then I found this one for less than half the price. It's a Fuji AF Workrecord with a Fujinon f3.5 28mm lens. It has autofocus and supposedly a cropped panorama function. I wasted a whole roll of Fuji Superia 400 with it today.  8)
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1841 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:08 AM »
Nice Kai. Looks to be even more rugged than the Konica. And if Fuji have spent an iota of effort on the lens it should perform well too.

Here in southern Norway it is overcast, rain threatening to dump down any second, and 15 degrees. So I might be able to get the second roll of film through my GA645 (or not) ;)
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1842 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
aye, we got about the same weather here in northerns sweden. I cleaned out the battery apartment of the yashica electro gx yesterday and dropped some batteries in it today -seems to expose nicely. haven't checked it against a trusted meter though. just poped some rollei retro 100 in it to see how it goes.
it seems to have some crud that gets in the way of the rangefinder though. but chaking it a bit makes it go away :D

I'll open it after the roll is done I think. might as well check the PAD while I'm at it. anyone familiar with this particular model? or SUGRU? I'm thinking of getting that if the pad is shot
/jonas

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #1843 on: August 06, 2015, 01:45:50 PM »
A Canon EOS 500N from Kayos and a new Canon EF 50mm 1.8 (Mk II).

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1844 on: August 07, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »
Just picked up this lot for $10:
Polaroid 250 Land Camera, cosmetically it's rough but everything seems to work.
Kodak Instamatic 304, it's junk but it was in the bag.
Two Packs of Polaroid SX-70 Time Zero Supercolor, one pack was open the other is still sealed, not sure of the expiration date.
Kalimar self timer with two adapters, one is for the land camera.
Miranda Cadius light meter, seems to work good.
Kodacolor-X 127 film expired December 1973.
Camera bag that contained all this stuff that's not in the picture.

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1845 on: August 07, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
Got two cans of expired agfa RSXII 100 slide film and a Fujica STX1 with a kinor 135mm F2.8. Wasn't planning on keeping the fujica STX1 but it's in that nice condition with al shutter speeds working nicely and that I'm thinking of keeping it anyways. Can't seem to remember why I thought not keeping it in the first place....

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #1846 on: August 07, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
Mmmm.... beer and old film.  8)
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1847 on: August 07, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
Congrats on the Polaroid 250, Bryan! I see it's got the original leather strap and that wonderful Zeiss viewfinder. With a good cleanup that should become a very nice camera. Has it been converted to new type of batteries? I should think the old ones are hard to find now. Impossible used to have them, but they've sold out. Mind you, if you get hold of a fresh one it should last about 20 years.
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1848 on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:44 PM »
Congrats on the Polaroid 250, Bryan! I see it's got the original leather strap and that wonderful Zeiss viewfinder. With a good cleanup that should become a very nice camera. Has it been converted to new type of batteries? I should think the old ones are hard to find now. Impossible used to have them, but they've sold out. Mind you, if you get hold of a fresh one it should last about 20 years.

I make my own batteries by splitting a 9 Volt.  They fit snugly without any modification.  There are a few tutorials online that show how to do it.  If you can do a little basic soldering it's quite simple.

By the way, that Miranda Cadius light meter is quite accurate and is very sensitive to low light.  I was surprised, at first I thought it was a cheap plastic piece of junk.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:44:10 PM by Bryan »

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #1849 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
A 5x4 dev tank. All I need once it arrives is a few chems - or coffee - and I'll be ready to use my c1900 wood & brass folder (bought 2 years ago & yet to be used) and when it arrives, around the turn of the year, my 5x4 Ondu pinhole.

Thinking about it, some paper may help, as well as the chems. I can't wait to start and have a fiddle. This will be my first time since 1999(!) dev'ing my own stuff.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk