Author Topic: Time for a New Post Card Exchange, anyone want to play? [now with instructions]  (Read 103258 times)

ChristopherCoy

• Peel Apart
  • Yes, you can still get film for it!
    • Being Coy
I've received Diane's card today and I must say... After this one, and the first one, I don't think I'm qualified to continue... LOL,!!!

I will of course, but man y'all's art is phenomenal!
Christopher

"Film feeds my soul." ~ Keith Moss

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
Got yours today Francois and Leons a couple of days back. It's off to a cracking start, thanks, I love this time of year! Got the stamps for mine today so they'll be going out Monday.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
First card arrived today. Diane's. Very imaginative and every time I look at it different details emerge. Very cool image.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
 Adam Doe & ChristopherCoy..thank you so much! very kind of you to comment..I certainly enjoy doing these composites

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
I didn't read this thread early enough to join, but it's been very interesting to read along. Is this a yearly event? Will there be a gallery with the postcards when everyone has received them all? I'm so intrigued and would love to see the pictures. And if there's another one next year, I may have gathered up the guts and the goods by then to be able to participate! :)
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
limr, I was in the same situation last year and many folks here agreed to add me to their lists and we swapped some postcards. So if you are interested, just PM me directly your address and I'll print one more card for you.

Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

pdewolff

Yes limr, if you send me your name and adress, i'll send you one ( same for the people from "the other group" )

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
Got Paul Llorca's (Yglotte) card the other day. Thank you Paul, no worries, I like it very much! :D
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
Ditto, limr. I think I will have a few left after sending all out.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
I think I will have a few left too. I can send you one Limr
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
Finally got Leon's card!
I guess Aussie post was good, it's just Canada Post that was their usual speed.
It's strange, after looking at it for a while, you tend to forget the fog on the paper... Also, the ground reminds me of our snowy season minus the cold...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
Hey Francios, your 'Old Man in the Sun' arrived on Saturday, thank you so much :)

All of mine have gone in the post today!

How exciting!!!

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
And Diane, please let me know your address by inbox if you wish so I can send you one too as a thank you!

calbisu

• Self-Coat
limr, I was in the same situation last year and many folks here agreed to add me to their lists and we swapped some postcards. So if you are interested, just PM me directly your address and I'll print one more card for you.

Same here Limr  ;D

Carlos.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
I received my first postcard today, from Leon, Australia, a cool image from Dheli  ;D, thanks Leon!

Yesterday I ordered my postcards online from zazzle.com (http://www.zazzle.com/custom/postcards) never done before, will see how it turns out and then mail them.

Carlos.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
Thank you all for your very nice offers to send me postcards and I'd like to send some in return. Trying to join the game late and send postcards to everyone participating is a bit overwhelming, plus not fair to everyone else, but I really appreciate the offer to do exchanges with a small 'subgroup' :)  I'll PM my snail mail address to you five.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Tony's excellent cyanotype arrived in the mail yesterday. It has piqued my interest in the process( more stuff to learn, that's half the fun isn't it?). Thanks Tony!

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
Adam I find it very hard to do postcards with this process. Larger sizes are easier IMO. As small errors in coating or exposure on larger sheets are not as noticeable compared to the small postcard.

I only mailed out half of them, for some strange reason some of them have faded too much, this never happened so fast before. Usually they get darker. I was unable to restore them with my usual methods. Will have to redo a few.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Ordinal

• chasing daisies...
I've been stupidly busy but am now not quite so much. Or rather I will have a lot of time just sitting around when I can pick photos and get them printed up. So aim to get everything sent by the end of the week.
chasing daisies... - a blog about things
redspotted on Flickr - pictures of stuff

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Just received Adam's incredible postcard! Beautiful!

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Thank you Diane, I'm glad you like it.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
I received a fantastic street scene from Francois of a dozing (or drunk) man at a restaurant, a wonderful abstract from Harvey which my wife loves and a great architrectural shot from Andy yesterday I only hope mine come up to the standard I havve received so far!
Thanks very much guys, even the postie is enjoying seeing them as he remarked to my wife when he delivered them.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Actually, the guy was just reading the paper... but it was so hot on that day it was almost unbearable. You know, when it's so hot you feel like the soles of your shoes are going to melt?
Francois

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
All postcards now in the mail!

MrclSchprs

I am in a heated discussion with myself. Should I order digital prints and send them out in time. Or wet print them and send them out slightly overdue. Choices, choices!

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
Just received my first three! Diane, Francois, and Leon from Down Under. ;)

Fantastic all around. Love that rich color pop, Diane. Francois, it's like a glimpse from a movie. But Leon, that Agfa stock is just luscious. I feel like you sent me gold leaf. Plus, timeless image.

Thank you!

Francois

• Self-Coat
The mailman just brought Harvey's card!
Now, that is just wonderful. How did you know I like abstract art?
Francois

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
My card from Shaun/Harvey arrived today, thank you so much!

Thanks for you address Diane, yours will go off in the post this Saturday :)

Already thinking what I'd like to do differently next year  :-X

stevesegz

Mine nearly good to go so will be appearing soon, got Pauls - great street scen from my favourite country! Adams polaroid is superb, absolutely up my street and Piets polaroid transfer arrived today and I love it, dont know who or where but the image screams festival to me and I love it.

Thanks all!
Steve
If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.  ~Lewis Hine

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
Glad mine are filtering through and relieved that going a bit 'left-field' has still produced a pleasing card.
Francois, you are clearly a man of hidden depths ;)

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
What´s the consensus? Send in envelope (and hope it preserves the card) or send it as a postcard and hope you have a more considerate mailman than I. Received two cards so far, and they have both been jammed into the mailbox and crumpled.

My batch arrived today, will be sending them on Monday.

And thanks to Piet, his Polaroid emulsion lift arrived today, though as mentioned a bit worse for wear.

Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Francois

• Self-Coat
I usually put a bag or a small box attached to my mailbox with the word "POSTCARD" written on it. When the postman isn't too dumb, he puts the card in it.

I'm lucky, our new postman usually slips the card in between two bills before putting it in the box. It's pretty rare that the gas and electric company bills are welcome in my box :)
Francois

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
Help !

I signed up, and am getting cards, but don't have a Scoobie who I'msupposed to be sending mine too ?

I'll need to get printing ...

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Miles, I am guessing that you did not get the list I sent you! I sent it twice cause I did not hear back from you that you received it.. or did not receive it ...anyway..I will PM it to you  again..
Please let me know that you now have your list! I sent your postcard on Wednesday of this week.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:44:08 PM by Diane Peterson »

irv_b

• Self-Coat
All my cards national and international were sent out today -hope you'll enjoy!

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
Hi Diane, just checked, no PM's for many moons.

Could you send to miles.davis@bt.com please ?

Then I'll crack on.

Apologies all.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
Finally managed to print the cards! Found an older negative that I have quite forgotten about which suited quite well, now they are in the wash, I hope to let them fly by Wednesday.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
PS: Looks like I have printed a few cards more, if anyone cares for a lith-postcard and do not have me on your list just PM me your address. First come first serve.

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr

I'm game :-)

I have my list now (Thanks Diane) so hope to get printing this week.

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart

Yours to me arrived today Irvin! What a wonderful darkroom card, thank you!  Super speedy delivery also it seems :D

Francois

• Self-Coat
I just got Andy's card!
First traces of snow at night... it's always a nice sight :)
Francois

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
Just got back from Barcelona and Madrid. I've turned my Polas and Impossible stock into postcards and they will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Many thank to all for the cards received so far - what a diverse, talented group of people.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

irv_b

• Self-Coat

Yours to me arrived today Irvin! What a wonderful darkroom card, thank you!  Super speedy delivery also it seems :D

You are most welcome kind sir! Man that was quiok from Royal mail :o

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
All cards are labelled and written. Stamp them in the morning, send them by lunch. Now, how fast our postal service will be I wonder..

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Piet's really cool polaroid transfer arrived today. The first of the overseas cards to arrive. It's got a great impressionist look to it. Thanks Piet!

LeonY

• Lasers - Pew Pew
    • My Blog
Francois gets 1st! His card was the 1st to arrive. Stared at it for ages!. My wife and myself are eagerly awaiting the rest!

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
I know I sent out all cards. If you dont get a card let me know.

Most of my cards are individually made all of them are a bit different. I used three different photos, in cyanotype. Some are positive images others are negatives. Halfway thru the prints I started adding some photo montage collage style additions, basic letter stickers, letraset rub-on letters, or some weird combination of such. One, I even sent with a negative dup overlay sandwich. Some are rectangular cards others are more square.
tk

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
For the first time in decades, I am racing home to check my mailbox! The only time it has anything good in it these days is if I bought something from eBay, haha, but this is the first time in ages where unexpected and fun things are arriving!!

I got Piet's transfer too, is is awsome! (And the back is nice too)

And Adam, I got your moody farmhouse shot, mighty purdy.

Tony, you make me want to do cyanotypes again as they are so beautiful to look at and hold. (I do not think I will be looking for APS film players tho - inside joke for listeners to FPP, haha)

And Paul, your shot got things off to an epic start. It is a crazy image.

To all of you, the only thing bad about this has been making me sweat what I  sending you (I think my spam filter ate my first copy of my address list but I hope to print this week).

And thanks to Diane for getting this going.
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
(I do not think I will be looking for APS film players tho - inside joke for listeners to FPP, haha)
Funny that is a very old letter from the beginning of the year! Yes.. I was the cookie pusher that got them hooked on the "TimTams". NOW they cannot find any more haha.
tk

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Yes.. I was the cookie pusher that got them hooked on the "TimTams". NOW they cannot find any more haha.
Hahaha, you are an evil man! Between TimTams and finding a proper Mr Brown replacement it is a wonder they find time to shoot ;-)
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/