Author Topic: Very Cheap Fomapan?  (Read 4857 times)

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
Very Cheap Fomapan?
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »
I may have just bought a dud, but this seems to indicate I'm going to get 5 rolls of Fomapan 100 for £7.40 delivered.  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fomapan-100asa-Classic-exposures-multipack/dp/B002X7D12M/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=AYJ48JP8VZVZS

I was actually searching for some 120 film for my work-in-progress Holga pinhole, but what the heck. Otherwise I've just bought the UK's most expensive roll of Fomapan!  :(
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Very Cheap Fomapan?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
how many now? the title says "x 5 rolls multipack" and in the details you can read "multi pack of 10 rolls". either sounds good! :O
/jonas

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
I'll be happy if I get the 5 rolls!

website

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:34 AM »
And the answer is :

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your order for the Fomapan film from HolgaDirect. Unfortunately we have found that our product upload team have incorrectly entered this product information onto the Amazon platform. It looks like they listed our 'single roll' product against an item that has a product title of 5 rolls. So actually the pricing was incorrect for this product. We do apologize for this error. If you would like to go ahead and order the single roll of Fomapan film for the amount already charged (GBP 3.76 + shipping) we can do this but please let us know. We will be uploading a new product for the 5 rolls but the price would be GBP 19.99 + shipping.

Sorry again for this inconvenience and look forward to your reply.

Best regards
Rick @ HolgaDirect

Oh well, that answers that then!

website

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
bummer :)
/jonas

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »
Hi Nigel.

Don't give up too easily.  Although retailers aren't obliged to sell if priced incorrectly - they often do when challenged - particularly if they've taken your money. The usual argument goes along the lines of:

- The retailer has made an offer (the fact that they didn't take adequate care to ensure it was priced correctly isn't the Consumer's problem)
- The consumer has accepted that offer in good faith
- The retailer has taken your money

I work in the insurance industry and if one of our underwriters mis-quotes to a broker who then offers the terms to a customer - who accepts the terms and is placed on cover, we end up having to live with it - and it can cost us hundreds or even thousands of pounds in lost premium (+ potentially millions of pounds in claims that we might not have had to pay if we'd quoted the right price and the risk had been placed elsewhere).

Maybe Fomapan should use this as a relatively cheap object lesson in customer care, honour the deal they offered on-line and make sure that they price things correctly in future....??
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:49:06 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »
contact amazon? maybe they have something to say about it.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
Guys, I'm sure you're right but if it's a genuine mistake it's a genuine mistake. To be honest at the end of a very long week my life's just too short to get into an argument with anyone, especially over the cost of a roll of film.

website

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »

I work in the insurance industry and if one of our underwriters mis-quotes to a broker who then offers the terms to a customer - who accepts the terms and is placed on cover, we end up having to live with it - and it can cost us hundreds or even thousands of pounds in lost premium (+ potentially millions of pounds in claims that we might not have had to pay if we'd quoted the right price and the risk had been placed elsewhere).

Funnily enough so do I (or rather I will again when  a job offer comes through the post).  Lloyd's?

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
Guys, I'm sure you're right but if it's a genuine mistake it's a genuine mistake. To be honest at the end of a very long week my life's just too short to get into an argument with anyone, especially over the cost of a roll of film.

Which is why I 'heart' Nigel.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
The older I get the more I can appreciate Nigel's response..and so ED I will second that emotion! Life is way too short!!

mickld

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
I agree with Nigel. It's HolgaDirect. How big a corporation can it be? I don't know, but I guess it is probably no more than a handful of people doing their part to keep film photography ticking over. If it were me, I would let it drop too.

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »
I'd let it go also, life's too short. Though it would be refreshing for a company to just send what they advertised and sort out their listing error...unless they had lots and lots of order on the basis of that error.

Keen film/camera hunters like us pick lots of bargains from what I can tell by these various threads.  I paid 6.99 GBP + 3.99 P&P for an expired 35mm ORWO Chrom UT18 film (pricey, but it's important to treat myself to something unfamiliar, or at least that's my excuse), then won 3 Ilfocolor 100 Plus films for 0.99GBP + 3.50 P&P. Can't wait to use them!

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
Which is why I 'heart' Nigel.

Oh, shucks!  :)

website

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 04:59:51 AM »
Oddly enough I've honored many of my sales that were in error pricing wise. I feel in most cases it's the right thing and cost of doing business as we agreed to a set marked ad price. But this I guess really depends on the reseller.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter