Author Topic: Launch of Piikx.com, all-in-one internet solution for photographers  (Read 3948 times)

piikx.com

• 35mm
Hello

This post to inform you about the launch of Piikx.com, an image hosting system dedicated to photographers and image searchers with automated website and photo blogging system, and a plethora of productivity and image protection features, including online image selling.

Main URL is:
http://www.piikx.com

Registration is free.

Automated photographer's website example here:
http://jpdn.piikx.com

The website still in development, please feel free to speak about what you are expecting for regarding a web hosting  solution dedicated advanced and pro photographers...

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Jean-Ph.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:42:28 PM by piikx.com »

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Launch of Piikx.com, all-in-one internet solution for photographers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
interesting. looking at it now.

the left bar for tumblr and three other buttons is a nusiance when trying to read text on the site. might be something just me and my ie8 is experiencing though?

File-naming must follow this rule:
[your photographer ID XXX]- [your feature/series number XXXXXX]. [image number in the feature/series XXX]. jpg
you should look into getting this automated as the service will probably be seen as too much of a hassle if it's like this.

also, can the metadata be edited while/after uploading? I don't have that data automated on my Olympus Trip ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:21:50 PM by jojonas~ »
/jonas

piikx.com

• 35mm
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
interesting. looking at it now.

the left bar for tumblr and three other buttons is a nusiance when trying to read text on the site. might be something just me and my ie8 is experiencing though?

Thank you very much for your reply.

The website is really designed for Firefox. It was successfully tested with Firefox 32 & 64bits, Palemoon, Waterfox, Google Chrome and Safari. As there are too many differences with IE, plus security problems with this browser I didn't plan to spend time to get Piikx.com working fine with IE.

Currently, I'm working to improve the homepage design and to develop automated personal website for photographers (for example I added an activity page: http://www.piikx.com/website.dev.php?mode=activity&id=NWM3MTgxYmRiOGI= )

If you have expectations about the way you would like to present your photographs, don't hesitate to propose ideas, designs etc..

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
Seeing as this represents a commercial venture for piikx.com, and therefore not really in-line with the nature of   filmwasters - please make enquiries/ discussion about the site off-forum.

@piikz.com - I emailed you last week, please can you acknowledge the email was recieved by replying?  Thanks :)

Leon

L.