Author Topic: #HappyBdayAnsel  (Read 1148 times)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
#HappyBdayAnsel
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying to get the twitterverse to show a little love to Ansel Adams today, on his 111th birthday by getting the hashtag #HappyBdayAnsel to trend. (We can't let the Beliwbers have all the fun, can we?)

If you're on twitter, could you please help out by tweeting something about him with that hashtag?

#HappyBdayAnsel

THANKS!

Deborah

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BH_Event_Space
and

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: #HappyBdayAnsel
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
Sorry, what's

1. the twitterverse
2 a hashtag (I get that it's the hash key # not what it's for).  What is getting a hashtag to trend?
3 a beliwber

As it's St Ansel's birthday I'll try and find some  videos of him printing - always a joy.

Am I a dinosaur? :-[

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
Happy birthday indeed to the old fella. However, I'm with Charles on this one in that I am not part of the Twitterati (to the best of my knowledge).
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »
Yeah, as it turned out, there was not much overlap on the Venn diagram of Ansel fans and Twitter users. I don't think we got more than a hundred. Oh well.

But we did have three fantastic programs to comemorate his birthday here in the Event Space yesterday, and we recorded the best one: His former assistant, Andrea Stillman, whose latest book is Looking at Ansel Adams: The Photographs and the Man. Listening to her was like being a fly on the wall in his studio - it was fantastic. (I'll post the link here when it goes up on our YouTube channel) But he sounded like he had a really great sense of humor and listening to her I wish I had met him! She also spoke about how he printed and how it evolved over the years. It was a real treat andvery interesting!