Author Topic: Filmdev website  (Read 3500 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Filmdev website
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
This is a site where the users link the images they uploaded to Flickr to the recipes they used to process the film.
http://filmdev.org/

Very useful when you want to see what can be expected from a certain combination you've never tried before.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Filmdev website
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
thanks! I've been to that site sometimes when looking for recipes but I always forget what it's called
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »
Well, it's now easy to find :)
Francois

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
Thanks for the link Francois.  It's an interesting concept. I can see it would be helpful as a starting point to identify different formulae and get a general sense of their features.

I'm not sure that seeing a flickr image really gives good representation though - especially given the layers of digital intervention from scanning, processing then into the hands of flickr's own post-uploading-processes. I think a written description/ experience would be much more valuable, even given the subjectivity.

L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »
And also the different optics will affect the final result a lot. And it doesn't say if the shutter speeds used are accurate, something which will affect grain size. Scanners compensate for so much error...

But in a way, this is better than nothing.  :-\
Francois