Author Topic: Palm Springs Photo Festival  (Read 5759 times)

Zoe

• 35mm
    • Zoe Wiseman Photography
Palm Springs Photo Festival
« on: March 10, 2006, 09:21:50 AM »
www.palmspringsphotofestival.com

Jeff Dunas is the Artistic Director for this event and he just sent me this info. I didn't know it was going on till recently... but wanted to pass it on to everyone in SoCal. I'll be there on the 28th to attend 2 seminars on the 28th and 29th. If anyone plans on attending let me know. Would love to meet you there.

COUNTDOWN….

The first annual Palm Springs Photo Festival is officially 16 days away! That’s right – have less than a month left to register for this amazing event that will be taking place in the serene tropical setting of Palm Springs.

We are proud to offer you
FREE REGISTRATION! Not only does this weeklong pass enable you to rub shoulders with and learn from world-renowned photographer extraordinaires, but it also gets you

FREE Entrance seminars
Entrance and a tour of various gallery exhibits
FREE Evening screenings of photographer’s works
Portfolio reviews
Added to this will be an opportunity to relax and soak up the great festival atmosphere in the famed, Moroccan inspired Korakia Hotel who will be hosting this event (www.korakia.com).

To register go to: https://pspf.com/06/IPA-APA.html

WORKSHOPS:

JEFF DUNAS
Fine Art Nude Photography , 2 Day Workshop

ERICA LENNARD
Photographing the Landscape/Tamed and Untamed, 2 Day Workshop

ASTOR MORGAN
Becoming an Ace Assistant

FRANK OCKENFELS
The Creative Portrait, 2 Day Workshop

JULIUS SCHULMAN & JUERGEN NOGAI
Architectural Photography, 1 Day MASTERCLASS

EVENING EVENTS:

William Claxton, Julius Schulman, Jeff Dunas, Jim Marshall, Henry Diltz and more!

SEMINARS:

THE BUSINESS OF FINE ART
David Fahey, Robert Ketchum, Jock Sturges, Elisabeth Sunday & Timothy Yarger - Moderated by Colin Westerbeck (Curator of Photography at the Art Institute of Chicago)

GIORGIO TRUCCO
Color Management and Photoshop Training

GLEN WEXLER
A Day with Glen Wexler

COLLECTING PHOTOGRAPHY (Free)
Hossein Farmani (Collector)

THE DIGITAL CAMERA (Free)
Amy Kawadler (Canon’s Pro Market Rep)

DIGITAL FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DUMMIES (Free)
Matthew Bamberg, Author and Photographer

GETTING YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED
Jeff Dunas, Michelle Dunn, David Fahey, Mark Edward Harris, Robert Ketchum, Erica Lennard, Jock Sturges & Veronique Vial - Moderated by Jeff Dunas

THE BACK STORY
James Colburn (former Editor of TIME Magazine), Matthias Krug (Editor of Der Spiegel), Gerd Ludwig, & Nick Ut (Pulitzer Prize Winning Photographer)

THE SECRETS OF STOCK
Sherrie Berger and Lisa Diamond from CORBIS

SILVER VS. DIGITAL
Veronica Cotter, Jeff Dunas, David Fahey, Willie Osterman & Glen Wexler

PHOTOGRAPHY & THE INTERNET
Robert Farber & Hossein Farmani

PORTFOLIO REVIEWS
By Appointment: Select workshop and/or seminar instructors, art directors, photograpy masters, etc. will review your work throughout the week. All are by appointment only. You are guaranteed five 15-minute portfolio reviews.

Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to be part of history in the making with the first annual Palm Springs Photo Festival. To register or to find more information, check out www.palmspringsphotofestival.com today!

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: Palm Springs Photo Festival
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
sounds excellent Zoe :) - I'd love to come along ... if it wasnt many thousands of miles away ... :'(

if you do manage to meet up with any fellow filmwasters, be sure to take some snaps.
L.

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:59:21 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Zoe.
Jeff mentioned this last weekend at the Silver Confernce--might pop over for a few days.

Zoe

• 35mm
    • Zoe Wiseman Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:09:39 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Zoe.
Jeff mentioned this last weekend at the Silver Confernce--might pop over for a few days.

I wonder if it's as cold in Palm Springs as it is in LA right now... Hopefully that pool that my room is next to is warm! Let me know if you go!

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 08:37:16 AM »

I wonder if it's as cold in Palm Springs as it is in LA right now... Hopefully that pool that my room is next to is warm! Let me know if you go!

Will do. :)

Did you hear it snowed in Tujunga yesterday?! Crazy!