Author Topic: The Stuff I Saw in Denver Colorado, U.S.A.  (Read 2176 times)

Flippy

• Sheet Film
The Stuff I Saw in Denver Colorado, U.S.A.
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
I visited Denver in 2008, when I still had family there. It ended up becoming an incredibly irritating and tiring ordeal, but I took a lot of photos of things I saw on that trip. Though I had printed some I kind of forgot them all because 2009 was terrible and distracting and I lost everything I loved in life including my good tripod...

One of the things to see in denver is the old Gates Rubber factory. I don't know if it is still standing, but parts of it were still up in 2008.

By that time the warehouses and most of the offices had been torn down. But the factory itself and the most modern offices across the street were still standing.

When I was kid a lot of people used to work in buildings behind that bus stop.

One of the more fun landmarks to see in denver is this Yugo:

My friend and some other guy I don't remember stand by to lend a sense of scale.

Colfax is supposedly the longest "street" in the U.S. it runs from Aurora, east of Denver, through down town, and then out into the mountains some place. This photo was taken in the alley behind Colfax.

Here's a photograph of an example of Colfax type architecture, a giant Edwardian era home with a store front grafted onto the front.

West on Alameda this small house was alone, surrounded by three vacant lots with only a solitary tree for company. I've seen a lot of vacant houses, abandoned homes and decrepit buildings, but this the only one I've seen that actually appears to feel sad. I'm sure it knew the developers would be coming for it next...

While I was visiting Denver an old man came and gave a speech promising seat belts and decriminalized marijuana for all.

I was invited to a party. I got drunk and shot a lot of people in cowboy hats. Obviously a sober man would know enough to keep the PC cord out of the shots. I don't think I ever printed these photos. So here's a digital photo of a film photo. I hope that doesn't implode the forum (what is a scan but a digital photo anyway?).

Some bicycles and stairs:

While I was in Denver I actually bought a bicycle of my own and used it extensively. Denver is a very nice city for cycling, with a comprehensive system of bike paths, lanes, share the road signs, and plentiful bike racks. Here I am visiting some sort of reservoir. My bicycle stands in for me in this photo.

I saw some airplanes:

And then it was time to leave.

I wish I could say that I left to never return, but I returned in 2009 and had the worst time of my life - to add insult to injury I also only had a DSLR with me that time.

I could see myself going back. If you're ever in Denver, and you like film and cameras, visit The Camera Trader... amazing shop with loads of film stuff and a bargain shelf... kick yourself if you miss it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:14:01 AM by Flippy »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: The Stuff I Saw in Denver Colorado, U.S.A.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
I like the cowboys hat one!  ;)