Author Topic: Arrival  (Read 2908 times)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Arrival
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
This mini series of 9 images depicts some of the moments my family and myself spent during our arrival to Sudan. We spent 3 weeks in one apartment before moving to our final place here in Khartoum. At that time I had no government permit to shoot so I focused indoors. It does not matter how many times you move in or out from places, it always takes you by surprise.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Arrival 2
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
Part 2

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Arrival
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
interesting focus. I think you have captured the feeling of being in between with this series. moving can really be an odd kind of daily life, specially when moving to another country.

making a series like this can easily end up very personal, but I think you did well in going beyond that and presenting it with something many can find something to recognize themselves in.
/jonas

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »
Great series. Even though I only moved from european to another european country I can totally relate to that situation!

Urban

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
Thank you Jonas and Urban for the comments  ;) moving into new places should not be much different as going for holidays, difference is that you are going there long term and most important to places where you would not have decided to go for holidays. On the other side some places are definitively easier than others, and well if you go to an expensive hotel is not the same than going to a cheap hotel, something I tend to forget.. and that it really can make a difference, as prosaic as it sounds.

Carlos.

Lund

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
This really works as a series. You really managed to tell a story. I think that that the fact that all shots are taken indoor makes it more universal. Easy to recognize yourself in, as Jonas said. The spontaneous looks makes it all feel so real. Like being there.