Author Topic: Leftovers from a minority  (Read 3307 times)

Daniel Emami

• 35mm
Leftovers from a minority
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
This place is build for drug addicts and homeless people in the city I live in. I went down there one day with my Canon FTb hoping to meet some of those who resides there and have an interesting talk. No one was around though, but leftovers told me I was only moments late. I'm planning heading down there more often to see if I can get a hold of somebody.

An abandoned pram with a bottle opener

A used cannula thrown out into the bush

Tin foil used either to prepare drugs or when smoking

Some leftovers

This was the first roll i ever shot. So i was quite excited about it. It was an Ilford XP2 super 400.
Hope you enjoy it, I really would appreciate some feedback!
www.dallesdagbog.wordpress.com the place where i document life as I see it.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Re: Leftovers from a minority
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »
If you know the territory well enough to stay safe then you have the potential for a great documentary.  Take your time and keep shooting.   ;)

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
wow - brave of you.

stay safe for sure - well worth a documentary.

these are images most of us only see in the movies!

;)

Daniel Emami

• 35mm
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
wow - brave of you.

stay safe for sure - well worth a documentary.

these are images most of us only see in the movies!

;)

Thanks man. I have a naive trust in people. I don't think anybody wanna do anyone harm.
I don't know where you live, but I guess you can find things like this in most cities. I mean, there are like 300.000 citizens in my town. It's just that society often close their eyes upon things like this, because it's considered as the dark side of the city.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
welcome to the forum daniel, you've put up quite a teaser here :) I think you've set a good setting. the first and last I really like, the others are good too but the second maybe a little hard to see what it actually is. maybe more text along with the photos would benefit?

I wish you well with your project and applaud your naive trust. something like that can often let you get to know people that would otherwise shy off or get agressive.

but still, keep posting so we know you're still out there ;)
/jonas

Daniel Emami

• 35mm
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »
thank you for your assessment! The last one is my favourite too. I will try to work with the text and add some more description next time, but my English is quite poor and I really do a lousy job expressing myself through text! But if you say so, I will try to improve :)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Intriguing and horrific all in one go. Interesting piece of work. I don't know where you live but I do know that desperate people do desperate things so, if you go back to see these people, don't go alone and make sure someone knows where you're going and when to expect you back.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".