Author Topic: Aperture Photographic - New Store in London  (Read 6826 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Aperture Photographic - New Store in London
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
For those into Leica, Hasselblad, manual focus Nikon and Rolleiflex, Aperture Photographic has opened an additional store in London a few streets west across Tottenham Court Road from its original home on Museum Street. The new shop (opened last month) is at:

27 RATHBONE PLACE, LONDON, W1T 1JE (Phone: 020 7436 1015)

Aperture is also offering a processing and printing service for 35mm and 120 film. It will be for C41 only (at least for now) and will target mail order customers as well as their "regular" shop visitors who are looking for something better than a standard high street lab without having to go to one of the labs catering for "professionals". There's a very nice tea / coffee shop at the rear of the shop where you can consider a purchase or wait for your prints.... ;)

I had a roll of Neopan 400CN ready to go and Patrick did a trial run for me. I'm very impressed with the sharpness, tones, colour neutrality and finish of what they did for me. I didn't see a price list (actually, I was lucky enough to get a freebie as the service doesn't kick off until the beginning of next month) but I think Patrick mentioned something around £8.99 for processing and 36 prints. I think that is pretty good - given they are significantly better quality prints than I've had from other high street labs in London. I presume Aperture will also offer a process only and process and scan service if required.

Edit: attaching a scan from the film processed today. It was just a quick grab shot inside the new shop. M4-P with 50mm Summicron wide open (f2) at 1/60th on Neopan 400CN.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:29:17 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
Re: Aperture Photographic - New Store in London
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
Thanks for the post... I work 5 minutes walk from there and for sure will be going for a coffee sometime soon! :)

Offertonhatter

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
Thanks Paul, I will remember next time I am in London.
Ironically I was in the Camera Cafe (the other Aperture) on Tuesday for Coffee and a muffin with my mate. Great place!
The Best camera, is the one in your hand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/offertonhatter

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:52:58 PM »
UPDATE - as at 02 Jan 2015

Just a quick note to update anyone who is likely to visit either of Aperture's stores in London.

1. The shop on Museum Street now deals exclusively with Hasselblad.  The Camera Cafe is still there and they now have a downstars galery space available to rent.

2. All other stock (other than Hasselblad) is now based at the Aperture store on Rathbone Place.  Rathbone Place no longer has a tea room but this location is home to their repair and developing / printing facilities.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".