Author Topic: The Carnival is over...  (Read 2710 times)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
The Carnival is over...
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »
For years, whenever I go back to Sao Paulo I always drive by few sites where they keep discarded carnival floats, I've always thought that one day I could stop by and walk around to take some photographs.

So last year I finally decided to do...  and there I met Jose Carlos (the guy on the picture), after chatting a bit he kindly gave me permission to photograph. He also explained me that he looks after the site and work as well on recycling the puppets' structure, he was in fact already working for this year's carnival that has just gone.

I had my Debonair Diana Clone loaded with some Fuji Astia and my Holga with some Fuji Neopan, unfortunately the heat melt the sponge inside my Holga and I had all the films really fat, in addtion to that I didn't compensate enough for the red filter I was using and as a result quite few shots came underexposed with too much light leak.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: The Carnival is over...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »
what a sight! too bad with the holga. but the debonair gave some dreamy results~
I hope you get a chance to return :)
/jonas

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »
lovely colours and composition with the diana !

i have to get me one of these for sure. phil is using one
to and getting good results.

yup - the old foam blocks in the holga are a disaster.
same thing happened me on my second roll, i was wondering
why the roll was so stiff after half way through. disaster.

nice results well done

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Thanks guys.

I recomend one of these plastic wonders, this one in particular has the softest lens of all my Dianas and clones. I quite like the fact that Debonair has the focus ring outside the barrell... just like a normal camera ;)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:26:25 AM »
I quite like the fact that Debonair has the focus ring outside the barrell... just like a normal camera ;)
now that is an upgraded diana! I've never been a fan of that focus thing where you have to turn the camera to point at you to see what setting you are at :P
/jonas