Author Topic: It's Locations Wednesday!  (Read 21062 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
It's Locations Wednesday!
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
I don't think we've done this at FW.com before ... but I thought it would be nice for people to list their favourite photo locations and why they like them.

It can be anywhere in the world, and suitable for any form of photography - could be a derelict building, stunning vista, forest, junk yard, particular shared/ public studio, your lounge etc.

As well as being forever impressed by our collective mad-photo-skillz here at FW, I am always interested to hear the mental element around choices. So to read why people like certain places will be a nice point of interest on the forum I reckon.

If we get a good list going, I'll eventually move this to the resource board for future reference.

I'll start.  I think mine has to Embleton Beach in Northumberland -

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=55.500639,-1.618252&num=1&t=h&z=13

It's a stunning spot - quite secluded, and is perfect for interesting seascapes.  Unfortunately, it is also a very popular spot for photographers, so expect to be sharing tripod holes with others!

You HAVE to be there at dawn - preferably long before so it is still dark, and also on a ebb-tide so all the sand marks and wave lines are still fresh. I think I love being there as much as photographing the place. It is just you, the breaking dawn and the waking birds, and if you are lucky, no local camera club outings or workshop groups. I like it best around September - the light is just stunning in the mornings at this time of year.

Here are some of my efforts from there over the years. Ok, I know they are all pretty much the same picture, but I am addicted to taking it!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:34:03 AM by leon taylor »
L.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: It's Locations Wednesday!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
Hi Leon.

Stunning.

I used to live in North Tyneside (a couple of miles from Whitley Bay) for 7 years when I was working in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I have to agree with you that the Norhumbrian coast from north of Druridge Bay up to Holy Island (Lindisfarne) is some of the most beautiful I've ever visited - anywhere - and I try to visit Dunstanburgh / Craster, Seahouses and Lindisfarne whenever possible.

I've got a few ideas for this thread. Unfortunately, many of the photos I had of the places I'll be recommending "vanished" when my ex sand I split many years ago - but I'll do what I can to provide links to local scenes. For the sake of illustration only, are d*gital images allowed on this thread?
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Interesting topic, Leon! I like the many different takes on the same scene that you've got~

I haven't given it much thought myself but the Götaälv river that goes through gothenburg city would probably be my spot. specially with the big cranes from the old shipyards looming in the background and being able to stand on either side and see a broad view of the part of the city on the other side.

http://maps.google.se/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=sv&geocode=&q=g%C3%B6teborg&aq=&sll=57.711117,11.960335&sspn=0.083263,0.232773&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=G%C3%B6teborg,+V%C3%A4stra+G%C3%B6talands+l%C3%A4n&t=h&ll=57.710017,11.96291&spn=0.032096,0.085831&z=13&iwloc=A&output=embed

/jonas

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
Ooo this looks like it's going to be a good thread, will have to compile a couple myself.

Leon - what a wonderful set, have been here a couple of times but have never reached the standard you have.

Jojonas - another set of great images, love the plimsol line! Not sure if I'll ever get to go to Gothenburg but now know where to go!
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
paul: and now I know what the heck those symbols are called. thanks! :)
/jonas

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
OK, I'll get this one in before Paul does. An area next to the Ridgeway known generally as the Devil's Punchbowl.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.565066,-1.486115&hl=en&ll=51.560985,-1.487317&spn=0.018516,0.03386&num=1&t=h&z=15

And the reason...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:42:11 PM by Peter R »
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
great stuff all - Jojonas - really nice area to suggest.  I long to tour around the scandinavian countries - one day I'll get there.

Paul J - "...are d*gital images allowed on this thread?" - what do you reckon?  ;)

Peter - your pics are reason enough.

Keep them coming FWers.
L.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Hi Leon.

I didn't expect d*gital to be accepted (even for illustrative purposes) but I'll be posting locations and not photos as most of my photos of the places I've visited / recommend are gone. I do have some "non-film" shots of places (UK and oversas) I've visited taken since Lara and I got together....hence the reason for the question. Still, rules is rules  ;)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Still, rules is rules  ;)

not so much rules, more like raison d'être.  You don't go to the hairdressers if you need a new heating system installed!

Anyhow, we digress (... I digress)

back to the point  - any more locations anyone?

L.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
I've not had time to do mine today... does this mean I (we) can't post anything until next Wed?...

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
I really can't resist this ...

I have a shortlist of places where I like to shoot, but if it was down to the proverbial last roll then I'd want to shoot it somewhere around Piazza Maggiore in Bologna.  Since I first came in 1987 (thanks to a Design Bursary Award from the RSA), through the five years I lived here, and each and every trip back, recording the street life has been a huge stimulus to my curiosity.  I know several people whose families have lived in BO continuously since the Renaissance and that factor provides the widest range of 'sights' when you are cruising the streets - visually, you can hit on anything, or anyone, between Pasolini's Decameron and Scott's Bladerunner, yet nothing seems out of place or anacronistic.   It may boast the oldest university in Europe, but they have just built the AlmaSat-1 satellite that was launched last month.

In one sense there's nothing at all special about the town or its streets or its people.  At least there shouldn't be.  As I noted in my book Three Cities (http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2089642) it is the very ordinariness of life going along at its own pace that is a little intriguing to me.  This is perhaps linked to the fact that I've already clocked up 66 postal addresses (more than Beethoven in his lifetime, if you'll forgive the comparison) so it could be just a personal response towards a city that would have little appeal to others.  It's not even that nice a place in many respects, lacking the grandeur and art of either Venice or Firenze, and somewhat less overtly industrious than Milan or Torino.   Bologna, like a highly individual orbiting satellite, runs at its own pace, and maybe that's part of the appeal.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
Sandeha, those are great shots! And jojonas, I have the same plimsoll line shot in my archives. It's the museum ship, right?

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
The Salton Sea in southern California is always a great place to shoot. Heading there in a few weeks again. Though there has been some effort to clean up the area, and a lot of the "classic" stuff is rotting away, there is always something newly abandoned or falling down to add to the list of things to shoot. It's all a bit of a mess, really. Terrible place to live, I'm sure, but great for photography.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:27:16 PM by moominsean »
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »
This is the Motel Xenia (Μοτέλ Ξενία) in Crete. A place that I have been revisiting over many years trying to record its gradual decay. It's something of a gay cruising zone, so not without its hazards!

Oh, The cross building is the hotel.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »
A few more - not sure how to add them in one post!

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
Sandeha, those are great shots! And jojonas, I have the same plimsoll line shot in my archives. It's the museum ship, right?
I think you're right. I was walking past those ships you can walk aboard (museums, restaurants etc) when I took that one. I should really take more of the boats :)

sandeha: the ones with the nuns and mystery box is an instant classic!

sean, phil: lovely decay in yours~
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:24 PM »
Well, here's one of my favorites. Not that there's a lot to see in the area... but it's #1 when it comes to rural landscapes only 10 minutes away from home.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212487955781653105554.0004b993e75eecff9123c&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=k&ll=45.519729,-73.388994&spn=0.005262,0.00912&z=16&output=embed

There's an old barn, a rock, a drainage ditch, an old bridge, fields as far as the eye can see. The barn is the shiny steel roof at the center-right.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:03:01 PM by Francois »
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
(Edit 23/2/2012) Courtesy of Leon Taylor's guidance, here's the Google map link. The Buchaille can be seen from quite a distance and from most of the A82 heading NW shown on the map. Parking can be "interesting" as the traffic tends to be scooting along at a fair pace and lay-bys aren't in abundance.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Buachaille+Etive+M%C3%B2r,+Ballachulish,+Highland+PH49,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ie=UTF8&geocode=FYdeYAMd-0O1_w&hnear=Buachaille+Etive+M%C3%B2r&t=m&z=13

This is an impressive vista and one I recommend to anyone - whether it's to view from the bottom (Rannoch Moor - off to the north side - or the head of Glencoe itself which is just off the map to the W/NW) or the top (the Aonach Eagach ridge). I've done all of them in my time.

Be warned, though, if the weather is anything other than crystal clear and due to be so for at least the next 24 hours, do not venture up the Buchaille or the adjacent ridge. It may only be a few thousand feet high but it is used by mountaineers from all over the world for extreme weather training.

Here's a link to what's in store

http://www.climbthemunros.co.uk/buachaille_etive_mor_stob_dearg.php

This is a photo I took when we were on our way back from the Isle of Skye in October 2010

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:08:07 PM by Late Developer »

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 01:00:02 AM »
This is a great thread Leon... and what an amazing selection of pictures we've got in here! :)

Here's my contribuition, the B&W Holga picture is from the "Copan", a sort of decadent building in the middle of the city of Sao Paulo, designed by Oscar Niemeyer and built in the 60's. The photograph is the building "B" on the map and at the time I was on building "A" which is one of my favourite spots to photograph in SP... there's a nice bar and a restaurant with some great views over the city.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Av.+S%C3%A3o+Lu%C3%ADs&daddr=edificio+copan&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-23.545911,-46.643593&spn=0.00838,0.012231&sll=-23.546161,-46.643497&sspn=0.00419,0.006115&geocode=Fda4mP4dxkg4_Q%3BFZW0mP4dEEQ4_SFL-kRBdWS0Kg&mra=ls&t=k&z=17

Tru View Diana Clone...

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:30:08 AM by sapata »

Lawrie

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:27 AM »
[Here are some of my efforts from there over the years. Ok, I know they are all pretty much the same picture, but I am addicted to taking it!]

What a stunning set of images Leon. No need to apologize for them all being "pretty much the same". It takes a photographer with a sensitive and creative eye to capture the same subject matter in a variety of ways without being repetitive or boring. You have succeeded admirably! Great post by the way.

Regards,

Lawrie

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »
One of my favourite spots is Weßling. The little village my grandmother lived and where now my parents live. It's only about 5000 people and it has a nice little lake directly in the center. Oddly enough I don't have many pictures of it. I guess I should shoot there again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=We%C3%9Fling,+Germany&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=48.074122,11.250429&spn=0.028073,0.057592&sll=45.19294,5.728293&sspn=0.014804,0.028796&oq=we%C3%9Fling&hnear=We%C3%9Fling,+Oberbayern,+Bavaria,+Germany&t=m&z=15

Steven.

• Peel Apart
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
downtown san francisco... inside the buildings of downtown san francisco that is. sorry i dont know how to screen shot and stuff so yeah  ;)
i always find great shots there.. never get tired of walking around even though ive lived here all my life.

sorry for the image dump
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:55:48 AM by SprayNPray »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
Sadly, I'm not clever like the rest of you as I don't know how to take prints from a screen and post them here.

Hi Paul - no screen shot necessary, just find the place on google maps, click the little chain icon to the left of the map image, then copy the link.

Paste the link into your post, and the forum software does the rest.

If you find the link, send it to me and I'll update your post - same for you Spray and Pray.

L.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:47:10 AM by leon taylor »
L.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
great work and excellent locations everyone.  I think this is going to become a really useful resource.

Paul - I don't know why I called it Locations Wednesday ... suffice to say, we're not limited to one day per week.. Mind you, a fresh set of locations to look forward to each week would be quite nice.

L.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
Hi Paul - no screen shot necessary, just find the place on google maps, click the little chain icon to the left of the map image, then copy the link.

Thanks for the instructions, Leon. I've updated the posting.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
I don't really have a fave spot because I have to take my photos where and when I can (i.e. I almost never plan to go to a location and take photos...much as I'd love to) but for the purposes of being able to contribute to this thread, here is a series of shots of a single tree in Nottinghamshire taken on or around New Year's Day over a period of 2-3 years .

Matt 'Chopper' tracked it down from the Google maps link I put on Flickr to accompany the photos and took his own...which was nice.

p.s.
Actually, I probably have 2 spots in Cornwall which I visit a lot with photography in mind (primarily because I'm on holiday so I have a bit of spare time), so I'll dig up some images and location links later on.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.070557,-0.973535&hl=en&num=1&t=k&z=18

Winter Tree by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Tree: Stained by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Lonely Tree (again) by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Tree Goop by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

New Year's Day by Ed Wenn, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:28:25 PM by ed.wenn »

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Hi all,

Bald Head Island is off the southern tip of North Carolina, US.  Outside of the streets of Philadelphia it's my favorite place to have a camera.  I take my family there to see the forest and the beaches.  It just feels great to be there.

Cheers,

Jeff

and one of my regular guilty parties heading for the beach:

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »
What a fantastic idea!! Bow to Mr. Leon  :o

Sandeha, that image of the nuns is just fantastic.

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
Great idea Leon! Here's one I prepared earlier...

Saikai Highway in Saitama has another curious bridge spanning an entire valley, it goes nowhere except up.

With nothing on the south side except a small PA, it offers spectacular views of an adjacent dam.

The first time we drove it, we were amazed such spectacular expense was used for nothing more than perhaps 50m of vertical climb. It does however snake off into the distance to an abandoned mining town.

With an equally spectacular tonkatsu lunch nearby... Which would likely look more appetizing in color. Skj.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 12:27:15 PM »

Benacre Broad is a National Nature Reserve, located on the east Suffolk coast, between the coastal towns of Lowestoft and Southwold.

On the many occasions that I have photographed Benacre Broad, the light, weather and tidal conditions have varied dramatically, each visit has been a unique experience.

This part of our coastline is in a permanent state of flux, being constantly challenged by the North Sea. To the north of the broad is a area of silver birch gradually succumbing to the sea. To the south are high cliffs of golden, intricately layered, sandy soil. At the base of these cliffs lie the fallen remnants of once mighty trees, now scoured by the action of the sand and waves.

Paul
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:36:39 PM by Paul Mitchell »

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
Superb documentary, Paul.

I imagine that on the west side of the UK one could find evidence of where the land is extending into the sea.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
Just as a follow on from my last posting, and a precursor to the FW Suffolk trip, here are a few more locations along the Suffolk coast.

Southwold - Pretty seaside town with lots of jolly beach huts and a picturesque pier, be there early to catch the light and more importantly avoid the tourists. Also have a trip down to the Harbour where there's lots of old fisherman's huts, boats etc. Park near the Harbour Inn as it's free, you have to pay at the other end  You also may want to take the small ferry (if it's running) across to Walberswick where there's more old huts, boats etc. and sand dunes down by the shoreline.

Blythburgh - Wonderful old church set amongst the reed beds.

Dunwich - Used to be a great place for boats but unfortunately there's only about two left!

Sizewell Beach - Don't be put off by the looming presence of the Nuclear Power station as there's some nice images to be had down on the beach, more boats, huts etc.

Thorpeness - Weird, purpose built Edwardian holiday village but down by the mere there's lots of brightly coloured rowing boats. It also has a windmill and the famous 'House in the Clouds', a converted water tower that has a house perched at the top.

Aldeburgh - A short drive away from Thorpeness, on the way you can stop off at the 'giant shell' on the beach. Again lots of boats, huts, rusty machinery etc. on the beach.

Snape Maltings - Famous for the Benjamin Britain music school and concert hall and is surrounded by picturesque reed beds. There's also a boardwalk which leads to a small hamlet called Iken

Orford - Carry on through the village down to the Quay. To the south of the Quay are a few old derelict boats, watch out for the mud though! It's a day trip but you can always take the National Trust ferry across to Orford Ness where there's a classic red & white lighthouse and a collection of buildings used for nuclear weapons testing left over from the cold war.

Paul
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:25:43 PM by Paul Mitchell »

aikoman

• 35mm
    • aikoman's T* story
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
I'm in!

I used to live in Auckland and people who travelled NZ would recall Mt. Eden as one of the most beautiful attractive scenery - although it was just a small mountain near my place :P

I marked with red pen to follow my general walking route to show how I spent time there for 6+ years. Got so much more photos which haven't scanned yet + digital shots as well...

This might be the most well-know scene from Mt. Eden. You can actually see all directions of the Auckland city from this mountain. (Contax TVS digital - sorry)

Sunset from Mt. Eden - Fuji Velvia & Kodak Retina IIc (one of my favourite combination)

On the way back from the summit. Although it is a government-owned, open public space sometimes you can see cows and sheep in there! - Fuji Superia 400 & Kodak Retina IIc

When you walk along the path to the East, you can see this scene. Rangitoto Island

This is the path I was talking. :)

Another view from Mt. Eden

trees on the way to the mountain

from our back garden. We cut the tap beer bottle in half and put some fuel wood in there to make a perfect retro-style BBQ :D

It's kinda sad that I can't walk along that route again - unless I get a flight to visit Auckland...
It was my favourite walking route...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:22:30 PM by aikoman »

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:15 PM »
What a great thread - really enjoyed the posts so far. 
So many locations to choose from, but have gone for a favourite seaside spot close to home - Cromer on the North Norfolk coast.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Cromer&hl=en&ll=52.931982,1.307909&spn=0.006376,0.02105&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.813998,43.110352&hnear=Cromer,+Norfolk,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=16

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
This is a place I've been coming back to again and again over the past seven years.  Almost hidden from view, it's the tiny valley just to the right of the road, and out of sight from streetview cameras.  ;)  It's on the edge of Black Mountain, the southwestern section of the Brecon Beacons National Park, and overlooks Carreg Cennen Castle.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pal-y-cwrt&hl=en&ll=51.845164,-3.917055&spn=0.034944,0.082827&sll=51.848292,-3.916454&sspn=0.070306,0.165653&t=h&z=14

I have shot colour here as well, (some here: http://sandehalynch.wordpress.com/pal-y-cwrt/) but I think the place responds well to black and white - sometimes with an orange filter.

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
The colour pics are great but as you menetioned,  the B&W stands out more... great location and amazing photographs Sandeha.

David A-W

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=charlton&hl=en&ll=51.498672,0.023346&spn=0.015068,0.032916&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.671726,33.706055&hnear=Charlton&t=m&z=15

I've often photgraphed the Thames near my home in SE London. It's seen a lot of changes over the years and is an interesting stretch of the river - known as Bugsby's Reach, it stretches from the Dome /O2 to the Thames Barrier: not a long distance but it is still a working river at this point. I also know it well from being on the water: it is the home waters of Greenwich Yacht Club of which I am a member and I keep a small yacht there which I race regularly throughout the year. There are still some remnants of the industrial past here, which diminish over the years as land is redeveloped. The tugboats that haul the barges full of the city's waste have a home here and ships come to off-load gravel dredged from the North Sea for use in the building of the new developments across London. I think it's a special place and the mood of the places changes with the tides and the weather: it's one to come back to and its been a pleasure to photograph consistently over the years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidwatts/5316185587/#

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidwatts/6225373907/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidwatts/3431930773/#

www.flickr.com/photos/vidwatts/3213307999/#in/set-72157611537423682

Edit: oh, I thought that would have inserted the images...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:24:18 AM by Vidwatts »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
great stuff David - I've sailed (motored mostly) through there myself a couple of times on the way to St Katharine docks. I'm only really a passenger, although was brought up on yachts up and down the medway. I go out with my dad and brother on their Condor 37 now and then and mostly enjoy it - although we went across to Holland a couple of years ago, and that was a real eye-opener - open seas are so different to the Thames estuary!!!
L.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
Some cracking images David and it's a location that's easy for me to get to

BTW the links to your images need to have these at the beginning and end (img)place your image url here(/img) N.B. the brackets need to be square brackets not the normal ones I've used

Paul
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:28:43 AM by Paul Mitchell »

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.