Author Topic: Olympus Trip 600  (Read 8834 times)

astrobeck

Olympus Trip 600
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
The Olympus Trip 600 is a trip to use!

It’s an auto everything 35mm film camera that just begs to be taken along for the ride.
The film speed is set and it automatically advances to each frame.  It also employs a red eye reduction feature when the flash fires.  Not too shabby for a camera I picked up for 6 dollars.
It has a fixed focus 28mm lens so there’s no fiddling around with focus and no missing a shot-plus it's wide which is a bonus for travel stuff!
It even came with a nice little fake-leather soft case and fits in a pocket so you’re always ready for any adventure.
It operates on two AA batteries which is great because you can find AA’s anywhere.
The only quirks of the camera is that it does not have a frame counter so you need to keep track of how many shots you’ve made on your own.  If you don’t care, then it’s not an issue.  
There’s no film viewing window on the back either so you can’t see what type of film is loaded in the camera, you’ll need to remember that too if it matters.
The other quirk is there’s no way to disable the flash, so if the camera gauges that the flash is needed, it will fire.
I’m going to put some black tape over the flash in the future when I don’t want the flash to interfere.
It vignettes a little bit which is okay by me since it gives the final photos a toy-ish look.

Otherwise it’s a fun little camera to just stick in your bag or pocket.
I’ve added a couple of photos from last weekend below.

I used some 400 speed Kodak print film and the camera did a pretty fair job with each exposure.  The photo made inside the train in the lounge car is the most appealing to me since the women in the next seat were never aware of their picture being taken….nice!
It’s fairly discreet and doesn’t make a lot of noise in use, so I’d give it an 8+ as a street shooter.
Bottom line, if you find one for less than 10 dollars grab it.  It’s worth that just to have as a spare travel shooter that won’t kill your bank account if it gets lost or stolen.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:45:25 PM by astrobeck »

rpmdrd

• rpmdrd
Re: Olympus Trip 600
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:48:04 AM »
nice find! saw an olympus trip 500 for sale and was not able to pick it up. im sure it measures up nicely with this camera as well.