Author Topic: scanning services  (Read 936 times)

euge...

• Flickr
scanning services
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:47:01 PM »
Does anybody have any experience of bulk slide /neg/photo scanning services in the UK ,preferably London?

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
Re: scanning services
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »
It all depends on the quality/price you want to pay.

Although I never had a negative film scanned by any lab I always use metro imaging (www.metroimaging.com) for processing my negs and the quality it's pretty good. I know they have good quality printing services as well so I believe the scanning would be also good.

This kind of services it usually cost a fortune... unless it's a one off thing, maybe you could invest in a scanner for yourself ? The amount of money you'll save will it's huge !

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »
I've used http://www.mr-scan.co.uk/ and they did a good job of scanning some APS films for me. Not super quick if I remember so check turn around times if urgent.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
Cheers, Peter. I have a LOAD of 35mm negs/slides and also some vintage WWII prints left from to me by my Granddad and have been meaning to get them all scanned since he died a few months ago.

euge...

• Flickr
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »
Thanks sapata ,I always forget about metro.I have a cheapo canon printer/scanner combo which is good enough for the basic scans that I need ,but not dedicated enough for slides/film .Currently I just need about 6 rolls of kodachrome to be done .
Mr-scan looks worth further investigation. And they are reachable by car for me.Thanks Peter