Author Topic: A couple of books  (Read 828 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
A couple of books
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
I see Tim Rudman's "The Master Photographers Toning Book" is available again. A print run of just 1000 books has been done and is available exclusively (I think) through Silverprint. It will be available as from tomorrow (1st August). Maybe worth checking Amazon UK as well as Silverprint have a Amazon store and postage is cheaper if you buy through Amazon.

Also, I just bought "Sprits of Salts" by Randall Webb and Martin Reed. Also available from Silverprint. I thought is was out of print but apparantly not. Again, cheaper to buy through Amazon rather than direct from Silverprint.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: A couple of books
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »
I can vouch for Tim's book.  It is really helpful if you are a darkroom printer looking to extend your creativity. Great news about the new print run.

Peter - I've always meant to get a copy of the Webb and Reed book - you've just spurred me on.
L.

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
Re: A couple of books
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
Both are top books. I got Tim Rudman's book out of the librabry a couple of times and I own Spirit of Salts, which is an interesting read in itself, as well as a great practical guide
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com