Author Topic: April 30th Worldwide Pinhole Day :)  (Read 8725 times)

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
April 30th Worldwide Pinhole Day :)
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:46:18 AM »
Join the blurry fun.
Thinking it's a zoneplate year for me.  :o

http://www.pinholeday.org/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:17:06 AM by Susan B. »

outofcontxt

• Peel Apart
  • More blur. Less filling.
    • Bill Vaccaro Photography
Re: April 30th Worldwide Pinhole Day :)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »
Me, too. Gotta start using that zoneplated Lubitel I had modified. 64 days and counting....
"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic hatreds."
  --- George Carlin

more crappiness at http://www.outofcontxt.com and http://billvaccaro.com

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 12:51:45 AM »
I have a real life expensive Zero Pinhole that I ain't used much. If I remember, I'll try a couple of films through it in time for April 30th...although I doubt I'll be able to get as amazingly creative as some of the hardcore pinhole nutters. Some of the submissions last year were very cool.

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
I have a real life expensive Zero Pinhole that I ain't used much. If I remember, I'll try a couple of films through it in time for April 30th...although I doubt I'll be able to get as amazingly creative as some of the hardcore pinhole nutters. Some of the submissions last year were very cool.

you have a real life Zero? Sheesh, Ed. You have some of the best toys. Break that baby out! :)

Me--I've only got homemade pinholes, zoneplates (like it best in the Lubi-zone I put together) a few sieves, a holgapin (my win for WTCD) and an ultra crappy 35mm get-up - I also sent Ed one a longtime ago. My bets are on my lubi-zone for April 30. :)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
OK, OK...I'm an ungrateful git...I do also have a plastic 35mm pinhole that West Coast mailed me over a year ago. I haven't used that baby either.  :-[ I think that is the 'embarrassed' smiley.

astrobeck

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 05:37:15 PM »
This will be my 4th year. Wooo-hoooo!
And, I'm the point of contact for the folks in Mexico, so we are really spreading the opportunity around down south.

Becky

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:14:05 PM »
i also have the zero pinhole, christmas present off the wife 2 yrs back,   only used it a few times as its a bit of a speciality so guess i should make every effort to break it out,

Apr 30th i think im in amsterdam on my mates stag do -not sure if he pencilled in pinholes into the schedule or not.   will check though.

your_waitress

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 05:36:31 AM »
marked on my calendar. have to admit i haven't done pinholes in ages. i saw a cardboard pinhole cam for about 5 bucks the other day. need to go get that baby since i'm too lazy to make my own.

thanks for the reminder susan and for the heads up about filmwasters.com. i think i'll be wasting lots of time here.  ::)

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 06:26:58 AM »
cool! hopefully i'll be able to participate this time. last year was my first wtcd and now hopefully my first wpd! i suspect i'll just be using a pinhole i made unless i get my shummy mod up and working which is doubtful.

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
Looks like a hella reason to bust out the Holgamod pinhole that I got from Leon :)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »
Looks like a hella reason to bust out the Holgamod pinhole that I got from Leon :)

hello gary - glad you made it over.

did you use the beast yet?   
L.

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:24:36 PM »

hello gary - glad you made it over.

did you use the beast yet?   

Shamefully no  :'( Pinhole day sounds like my ticket to ride :)

Tammy

• momentsofmine
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 03:46:27 PM »
  Did someone say PINHOLE?! :D yay!

But, no fancy tools for me, just homemade boxes and holes made with pins....

Nice little place you have here. 

"Hi".

-Tammy   :)

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Its where the real photography starts - it allows you to think and see different ways, to be creative and free from what many consider to be a real photograph!

tonylim

• 35mm
    • holgaHOLIC
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 03:22:24 AM »
oh, i'm one of the organizers in far east this year, busying with the translation and arranging functions...
yeah, the day should be a must for all film users! ;D

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 10:22:12 PM »
Its where the real photography starts - it allows you to think and see different ways, to be creative and free from what many consider to be a real photograph!

Carl, I was at Leon's house this weekend and he showed me the silver contact prints you'd sent him. I believe some/all were pinholes, sorry if I've got that wrong...but either way they were breathtaking. Anytime you want to send me any...  ;D

OK, I've made a decision. I'm going to practice my pinholes for the next 8 weeks and try and come up with something worthwhile for April 30th. It'll be a struggle putting my mini Graflex RB down for any length of time, but I really need to start using that Zero that I got a while ago.

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »
yeah, the day should be a must for all film users! ;D

That does it then; I'd better get one of these out and filled with film... Skorj.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »
OK Ed - well have our own exchange after WWPD 06 - hows that for a deal? :)

Carl, I was at Leon's house this weekend and he showed me the silver contact prints you'd sent him. I believe some/all were pinholes, sorry if I've got that wrong...but either way they were breathtaking. Anytime you want to send me any...  ;D

OK, I've made a decision. I'm going to practice my pinholes for the next 8 weeks and try and come up with something worthwhile for April 30th. It'll be a struggle putting my mini Graflex RB down for any length of time, but I really need to start using that Zero that I got a while ago.