Author Topic: question about developing negs from pinhole camera  (Read 2043 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
question about developing negs from pinhole camera
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
...im thinking that a full stand treatment would be suitable?  Using rodinal? 

would i be right??     if so can anyone give me a clue as to dilutions and times?

or if not, what would you recommend?

ta x

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
Re: question about developing negs from pinhole camera
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »
D, here is a very neat and simple way that even I can do. Maybe. I have yet to use my pinhole camera with paper. I think these instructions are fairly easy to follow. Not sure if this what you are after though. See about it anyhow...

http://users.rcn.com/stewoody/darkcam.htm
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »
...im thinking that a full stand treatment would be suitable?  Using rodinal? 

would i be right??     if so can anyone give me a clue as to dilutions and times?

or if not, what would you recommend?

ta x

Are we talking film? "Rodinal" would suggest we are. In which case, why use anything different to normal processing? I just process films as usual.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
Beck - great site!!!   Im still on film althought am about to start on a homemade pinhole project with sheet film  so this will be very useful.

Peter - yeah film.   This is where my understanding is not so hot.....  I was under the impression that full stand techniques work well with toy negs to help with contrast and tonality......i might have made that whole thing up though!!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:51:31 PM »
I don't have that much pinhole experience but I've always found the negs to be low contrast if compared to an equivalent one taken with a lens.

Here's a couple I took when I first started. The first is with a lens, the second a pinhole. Both taken on the same film so same processing for both.

I'd recommend sticking with whatever you normally do to start with then see what you get.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."