Author Topic: Does anyone here like or tried Lith Printing?  (Read 5193 times)

chricela

• Black and White Film Process
Does anyone here like or tried Lith Printing?
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »
I have the past  two month been obssessed with it. It's still alot of trial & error. & usually, if I'm lucky
I'll get one photograph I like after 6-8 hours in the darkroom. & though it's time consuming I really
do find the outcome, sooooooo worth it.  :) Has anyone else tried it?  I haven't even begun to try all
the papers yet!

Tammy

• momentsofmine
Re: Does anyone here like or tried Lith Printing?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:41:47 PM »
I have seen your results, and i'm really loving what I see! :)  Really beautiful.

I would love to know what paper you like the best so far. 

I have Tim Rudman's book on Lith printing, and have intended to give it a go, but have not had the time set aside for it yet!
 >:(

~Tammy

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:59 PM »
I love seeing good lith prints, but havent tried it myself - not for any reason other than not got around to doing it.  I;d love to see your succeses so far chricel - can you link to them from here? 
L.

chricela

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:18 PM »
Hi Tammy,
I have Tim Rudman's book, too. I browsed through it, to make sure I had all the supplies needed. & then started
 to play. I can't read a book & understand it, I have to do hands on. I always go back to the book. But it makes
sense to me while I'm in the process of printing. So far I have only used Iflord MG Warmtone. It takes a really
long time for it to develop. But I like the tone it get alot. I'm waiting on some Kentmere to be delivered.

Hi Leon,
I was trying to link earlier, but posted by accident before I could.Here is my 2nd & favorite so far.
http://flickr.com/photos/chriceleportela/121967645/
Thanks,
Chricel

Tammy

• momentsofmine
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »
Thank you!  And that's me with my first comment there on flickr!!  ;D  You can tell I get excited by these things...

~Tammy

lauraburlton

• Peel Apart
    • laura burlton photography
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:49:26 PM »
i bought the book and some developer and kentmere kentona paper BUT I have not had much time to experiment yet. I kind of need the darkroom to myself as the paper seems to fog really easily and I have to turn the safelights way down low so... its all waiting for me to get there but for now i am really enjoying playing with various toners. ah well.... :)
OH! BTW- that horse photo is amazing!

chricela

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 06:01:02 PM »
Thanks, Tammy!

Yes, Laura..you will want the darkroom to yourself , for a REALLY long time:)
Since it takes so long with the exposure & developing. And the Addiction alone...you won't want to leave :P
I'm hoping my Kentmere Katona & some Forte rc papers arrive today!!!! I'm so needing to get printing !
I'm working with only one safe light & I shut in between (i also use a larger tray to cover the  developer tray while the print is in, at times).
Thanks for looking at my horses :)