Author Topic: Self-quarantine Weekend thread, 20-22 March  (Read 1878 times)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Self-quarantine Weekend thread, 20-22 March
« on: March 20, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »
You're all stuck in your domiciles, so you have no excuse for not posting photos.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:46:31 PM by 02Pilot »
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
Re: Self-quarantine Weekend thread, 20-22 March
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 12:42:51 PM »
A couple with the Kiev 10 and Mir 20mm / Tri-X, the day before the shutdown here in NYC.

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »
Another from my most recent "find the light leak" walk around the neighborhood.

Leica M4-P, 50mm Summicron, Kentmere 100

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 02:36:09 PM »
This is the last of my Hawaii photos.  Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530 with Kodak Ektar 100.  Wanted to see how the un-coated Tessar does with color film, looks good to me, could use a UV filter for blue sky though.

U & M Produce by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kuan Yin Temple by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

This was the final phase of the project I was working on. 
Paving Factory Street by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
I have loved the look of Ektar through uncoated lenses ever since I first saw it. The colors, especially with a touch of underexposure, are glorious.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
This stone age old timer has never learned how to post photos on the internet. Guess now would be a good time to learn. One thing that would help would be a step by step procedure posted on how to do that.
Not sure that is even possible but if so it would nice to have.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »
This stone age old timer has never learned how to post photos on the internet. Guess now would be a good time to learn. One thing that would help would be a step by step procedure posted on how to do that.
Not sure that is even possible but if so it would nice to have.
It's quite simple.
1. Resize the image to about 800 pixels (wide or high, it's what looks best here)
2. Save image so that it's less than 200KB
3. Write message
4. Follow the following illustration
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »
I was able to get one more walk along US Route 1 in before we are all confined to quarters.  These businesses are now dark, for the time being.

Praktica MTL5, 55mm Takumar lens, Fomapan 100, Caffenol C-L, 30 minutes, semi-stand

US Route 1, Cranston, Rhode Island by William Blackstone, on Flickr

US Route 1, East Greenwich, Rhode Island by William Blackstone, on Flickr

US Route 1, East Greenwich, Rhode Island by William Blackstone, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »
My neg scanner all of a sudden wont connect to our desktop so these are through the laptop on a unfamiliar editor.
 Ilford HP5 MAMIYA C330 in ID11

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »
I was able to get one more walk along US Route 1 in before we are all confined to quarters.  These businesses are now dark, for the time being.

Praktica MTL5, 55mm Takumar lens, Fomapan 100, Caffenol C-L, 30 minutes, semi-stand

Drag bingo? ???
Francois

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 01:54:52 PM »
Here's an oldie from 2010, so I guess it was made with a Contax G2. Could use a little sharpening. Peaceful weekend, everyone. :-)

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »

Drag bingo? ???

Details of the ritualistic practices at the Boxing Home for Soldiers are unknown to me but, yes, probably, Drag Bingo—sadly, not this week.  Ten is now the number allowed to assemble, here in Rhode Island.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 07:45:00 PM »
It's been a while since I posted, and it's going to be a longer while yet before I have anything new to show - which is criminal if you consider how many cameras are on the table and loaded ready to shoot.

Worst of it is that I was planning to test out the new 6x8 side by side with the older Tutone 4x5, for the simple reason that they are both maple and cherry cameras and both are loaded with Fomapan 200, 120 and sheet. Any excursion will now have to wait until I have a legit reason to go out - like maybe a trip to the post office in a couple of days. Or maybe not, depending, we shall see.

So ... here's the first shot I put on Flickr when I joined in 2007. It's small because that was several generations of OS ago, when my PC screen was probably half the size. Phinny was one of my students in Singapore and after she left the college I brought her in for some modelling because, shit, I had a new camera to try out. I wasn't listing the film type in the title back then so it could be anything, but the camera was the new Pentax MZ-S - an absolute beauty to use. The lens was probably the 77/1.8 Ltd, but that's a guess without looking at the neg.

2003/4, neon strip light.

ph_04 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Stay Safe, all.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
I'm gonna break my self-imposed one picture limit because I have a bit of an announcement. I have a new musical project which I am not really actively participating in, but am producing. It's a modular synth/violin/mridhangam trio, an idea I came up with way back in Dec 2018 when I was in Chennai for music season. Anyways, in the interim I completely forgot what my idea was, but after recording all the elements I came up with something that I think is pretty cool. I'll link to the music below, but first the pictures :)

This is the synth player, I don't have any film pictures of him playing synth. but he also acted as recording engineer for the violin/mridhangam session.

I'm sure many of you are asking yourselves "what is a mridhangam?" Which is a strange question to ask yourselves because I'm right here and I can answer that question, with a film photo to boot!

I'm sure most of you have seen a violin before, but have you seen it played South Indian style?

Ok, so here's the first "proof of concept" track. I'll probably release it as a single soon, I'm working on mixing the B side now. Since this is a small community, I trust y'all not to completely blow my spot prior to the "official" release :D (although, honestly if you did I would probably prefer it ;) )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kA1kIuB1tDlpuQO5T6Ja-rDSzOnWh5D-

I also need a name for the project, so suggest away!!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 10:41:30 PM »
The Satish Indofunk Project... not very imaginative I know...
Francois

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 10:58:20 PM »
I also need a name for the project, so suggest away!!

I have named many bands...in my mind. I'm in most of them...also, in my mind. Nonetheless, I feel the need to make many (somewhat random, probably bad) suggestions.

Tiny Leviathan
Subcontinent
Shot on Film
Square of Pi
Platonic Ideal
Clockwork Turtle

That's what came to me in the first two minutes or so. I'll likely be back with more unless you tell me to stop.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »
(Cross-post)

First I thought the Mahavishnu Dark Orchestra, but then I thought Mahavishnoir

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 11:47:26 PM »
I like these suggestions! They're getting me thinking about a vaguely religious name, like the aforementioned Leviathan or Mahavishnoir. I'll have another think about this, but keep the suggestions coming!  ;D

[edit] Let's bring this discussion into the music room thread to avoid muddling up this one.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:14:09 AM by Indofunk »

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
Huh? Self-what? Now that the rain has finally stopped after what seems to be like three months, and we've finally got a few sunny days? I took Friday off and brought a camera for a 10 km walk and ended up talking to two complete strangers. No problem, just keep a little distance. I was out shooting yesterday and today as well. Perfect for architectural shots, no cars blocking the view. And you can stand in the middle of the street and get the angles you've missed earlier. There is ample space on the bus and the air is fresh. Here's some colour to cheer you up.  :)

Contax Aria / Yashica ML 50mm f1.9 / Kodak Portra 400
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/